Quick Query - Gas & Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Query - Gas & Ammo

What gas and ammunition comes well recommended for blow-back pistols in colder climates, particularly the Socom Gear 1911 series? The different varieties have me perplexed somewhat.

Regards,

-Bishie

Re: Quick Query - Gas & Ammo

as long as your spending around £7-£10 for a pack of .2/.25's then they should be a quality brand, such as blaster.

i personally use heavier amo in my pistol, as its for closer engagements i want it to fly dead straight for 10m-15m. but its all done to if you gun has a fixed hop or not and what you want out of it.

with a fix hop you are forces to experiment and find out what weight of amo give the best results, with an adjustable, just change it to meet your requirements.

as far as the gas goes, i use CO2 so not much of a help there, have used propane before that and its good enough, so look for propane and an adapter or green gas
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

For you, .25 or .3 depending on your hop (try .25s first)
      And for gas youll want to be using green gas. Dont forget to leave a little bit of gas in the mags while you arent using them so the seals dont dry up!
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Quick Query - Gas & Ammo

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        For you, .25 or .3 depending on your hop (try .25s first)
        And for gas youll want to be using green gas. Dont forget to leave a little bit of gas in the mags while you arent using them so the seals dont dry up!
        I appreciate your input, but could you provide some specifics? For instance, what brand of green gas would you recommend? Are they all effectively the same, or are there discernible differences?

Comment

Bbs- blaster madbull ect
          Green gas is propane + silicon lube, its all effectively the same
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bishie Find out more about Bishie
          Working...
          X