Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTW questions

Hiya guys,

I've done multiple searches for this but cant seem to find answers for these questions about Celcius CTW's

First off I'm tempted to buy one shortly as I will be coming into moneys soon and won't have another chance to get one after for a while, so i wanted to go all out, however M4A1's are boring so i want to RIS it up and change almost everything externally to make it unique.
    I've been in contact with retailers who sell CTW's but they say one thing and others online say another so to get a proper answer is a nightmare it seems.

1. will RIS from manufacturers like; G&P, VFC, Madbull etc. fit without difficult modification?

2. Stocks, I understand that they are 1:1 scale, but real steel stocks are not designed to carry batteries, so again without difficult modification will stocks from the above company's fit, basically I want to have a VLTOR MOD stock on it, but it seems like it would be hard to alter a real one to take a battery, so if i could whack a G&P one on without too much hassle that appears to be the better option, however if not, is buying a real VLTOR stock(just the stock no working gun parts) and getting it into this country easy?

3. I know that there will be a bit of variation on this, but are they actually any good lol? I was going to get a MX3 model and get the better hop unit put in, now ive got a G&G EBR and a G&G m4 CQB but want something special which is why im looking at CTW's, so is that a good combo with a MX3 and the STTS hop?

any help with these would be greatly appreciated guys

Cheers

Jimbob

Re: CTW questions

could the battery fit in the stock tube?

also they seem to be gaining a lot of credability,especially the new versions (MX3 and the STTS hop) and barrel

put it this way,last year i wouldnt touch one,but now im thinking about selling a few guns getting the money together and seeing what all the fuss is about
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob1254 View Post
      Hiya guys,

I've done multiple searches for this but cant seem to find answers for these questions about Celcius CTW's

First off I'm tempted to buy one shortly as I will be coming into moneys soon and won't have another chance to get one after for a while, so i wanted to go all out, however M4A1's are boring so i want to RIS it up and change almost everything externally to make it unique.
      I've been in contact with retailers who sell CTW's but they say one thing and others online say another so to get a proper answer is a nightmare it seems.

1. will RIS from manufacturers like; G&P, VFC, Madbull etc. fit without difficult modification?

2. Stocks, I understand that they are 1:1 scale, but real steel stocks are not designed to carry batteries, so again without difficult modification will stocks from the above company's fit, basically I want to have a VLTOR MOD stock on it, but it seems like it would be hard to alter a real one to take a battery, so if i could whack a G&P one on without too much hassle that appears to be the better option, however if not, is buying a real VLTOR stock(just the stock no working gun parts) and getting it into this country easy?

3. I know that there will be a bit of variation on this, but are they actually any good lol? I was going to get a MX3 model and get the better hop unit put in, now ive got a G&G EBR and a G&G m4 CQB but want something special which is why im looking at CTW's, so is that a good combo with a MX3 and the STTS hop?

any help with these would be greatly appreciated guys

Cheers

Jimbob
      1. Madbull definitely fit - i have 2 of them on my CTWs. I know some G&P stuff is compatible but i am not too sure what parts.

2. There are plenty of stocks available. Magpul type clones fit at budget prices. If you change the mosfet you can stock tube the battery too

3. Asking if they are any good is like asking what is the best flavour of crisps. There will be a whole host of likes, dislikes, reasons for and reasons against.
      I sold all my kit to buy my first CTW and now own three of them! With the hop mod you are after you are GUARANTEED 60m chest shots with 0.25s on a sub 350fps cylinder. You will get further but will all guarantees, it goes low so it can never be questioned.

They can be a bit hit and miss out of the box, but when they are sorted they are great. You are also lucky in that STTS and their reseller are UK based, and that their reseller has an awesome tech. Oh, not to mention the 12 month warranty!

You can get the special deals... A fully kitted out gun, rails, mags, batteries, blah, blah, blah

Comment

I've heard that the Team Alpha 2 is exactly the same as the MX3, but ni-on £250 cheaper. So worth looking into that then you can buy more mags etc.
        Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
        Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
        Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
        Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

You are correct, but unless there is one hiding in a stock cupboard somewhere they are sold out.

The CTW do-it-yourself kit is replacing that gap in the market.

EDIT: By sold out, i mean they were a limited run and not being manufactured anymore.

**thinks to another thread** they could be classed as rare or collectable

Comment

Hi Loki, you seem to be a real expert on the CTW, and I'm always slightly tempted to buy one of these, but am so happy with my recoil collection, what would be the advantage ?
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Expert is a bit of a stretch - keen enthusiast would more appropriate!

I have only ever fired 5 shots out of an MP5 recoil so i am not in a position to a like for like comparison.

My airsofting kink is quality over quantity on the field - therefore my two biggest criteria from a gun are consistent range and accuracy. With the hop replacement i can hit targets (within 1 or 2 shots dependant on wind) at ranges normally reserved for the DMR / sniping fraternity. I also have the added bonus that because i am sub-350fps i can still have a functioning full auto capability for those times it all goes a bit wrong!

I don't buy into the training weapon side of it as it does not function like the real thing (yes, i have used them extensively in the past) but as an AEG it is fantastic.

There are guys that could build a JG to do the same sort of job, but like a race car they are tuned to destruction. The gearbox of the TW range is what sets it apart for my style of play. The epicyclic gearbox can handle more abuse in a smaller package due to it's configuration / teeth on teeth contact. It is a more efficient machine which means it performs better on semi auto too. The fast change cylinder and the modularity of it also mean that you can have several rifle configurations with only a handful of assemblies.

If RS dimensions is you kink then this does that too, but that sort of thing is not my cup of tea.

It has it's limitations in terms of magazine capacity (120rnds max) but that is part of the draw for me too.

Comment

I would hold off on the CTW and buy a TM 416 personally. If you have the mags and guns already you will need to spend best part of £10-120 on new mags for the CTW, on top of the CTW, batteries and what ever parts you want to add to it.

Comment

Perfect explanation, Loki, thanks, that answers all my questions, as for the 416, It's little too M4 for me and I have three recoil M4's already in different styles. Tho, like you Abbadon, I'm a massive TM recoil fan, particularly the scars.
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I've got 3 celcius, sadly 2 have gone up for sale but I think their great, feel great and shoot great bit of a pain with the mags and not many tech guys like to fiddle with them so I have to send them to big stores. But well worth the money if that's the way you want to go. I've got noveske rail on mine and that fits perfectly. Confused me a little bit saying about a 416 are you saying it looks to much like an m4 or not enough like one?
                    what do you mean a valid defence ?

Comment

If you want to use an airsoft VLTOR stock, just get a milspec stock tube fitted, biscuitdunker and Tac can do this. Or buy one off them and fit it yourself, its dead easy.

Milspec stock tubes are very very close to airsoft spec.

Oh and as for RIS etc. being compatible, some KAC style RIS units do not fit, as its a real steel spec delta ring. If it is built to replace the stock delta ring it'll fit. By this I mean DD MK18's, URX etc.

The main thing when doing the work yourself is to make sure you do it properly, TW's require outer barrels to be torque'd on properly or it may skewer the barrel and cause problems.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Bit too much like an M4 for me Zaak, which I love, but I've got some, so feel the 416 is a bit too similar, for me to want one.
                        Last edited by steve grey; 12 January, 2013, 23:51.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jimbob1254 Find out more about jimbob1254
                        Working...
                        X