Fps of springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps of springs

hello everyone , I was wornderin if anyone could help me , I'm thinkin of buyin a m4 a1 off the site and it gives me a choice of springs does anyone no roughly wat the fps would be on and j1 spring and the fps of a m100 spring . Many thanks. 50 cal

Re: Fps of springs

The 1j will give around 328fps depending on whatever upgrades the gun has had, and the m100 will give around 350 i believe also depending on whatupgrades.
    Anyone else on here play at unreal airsoft?

Comment

Ok thankyou for your help

Comment

Not true!

1J spring and M100 spring are the same thing.

IJ is 328fps and google 100 meters in feet and look at the result.

Comment

That is both correct and incorrect! :D

Due to the very odd law-bending physics associated with Airsoft, an M100 spring will typically give close to 350fps and an M90 around 330fps.

The type of gearbox also makes a difference a V2 will produce slightly less power than a V3 with the same spring, the highly efficient V6 gives an almost perfect 350fps with a good quality M100 spring. These are average figures taken from published comparisons of various upgrade's performed by numerous people (including me)

Also some manufacturers rate their springs differently hence an M100 from X may be more powerful than an M100 from Y.

OP: On the whole springs are calculated like this.

1mtr = 3.28feet Therefore an M100 (read as 100mtrs) will give an initial launch velocity of 328fps this is equal to 1joule of kinetic energy with a round projectile of 0.2grams I.E a BB.

When a retailer asks do you want a 1joule or an M100 they are basically asking do you want a site friendly 328fps or a slightly hotter but generally acceptable £350fps.

Don't get hung up on power! It is far less important than a dozen other factors that will effect your gun. Go for the standard 1J setup it will serve you well.

Comment

agree with the man above power isn't everything
            sigpic

Comment

What brand are you looking to buy?

You might not even need a spring upgrade at all
              A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

About the Author

Collapse