Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Newbie requesting battery help for a dummy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie requesting battery help for a dummy!

Hi guys new to airsoft, having only been a few times.

I have a g36c i believe and have been informed by friend i can increase rate of fire and slight power from a better battery.

fitted currently is a 7.4v 1300mah 25c lipo but would like to know where i should go from here, as im seeing different voltages

all advice is appreciated but to let you know what i have been looking at so you can can tell me if i am going wrong.

7.4V 2200mAh 35C+ LiPo

9.6v 3700 mah Large Battery

Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack 11.1v

cheers

Re: Newbie requesting battery help for a dummy!

Why do you want to increase the rate of fire?

Is it not high enough on it's own, god damn high cap heroes!

Don't put an 11.1v lipo in it, well unless you would like to see your gearbox shredded inside two weeks!

What make is this weapon with the slow rate of fire?

Comment

Stick with what you have!

At a push switch to an 11.1 lipo. You will increase rate of fire but not power. No battery can increase your power, that is all done with springs and air pressure.

Word of caution though... you have not said what brand the gun is. If you use a bigger battery on a poor quality gun you run the risk of putting it's insides on the outside!

EDIT: NINJA'd

Comment

hi guys cheers for the reply.

i believe its a hk g36c and have been told possibly ares if that makes sense, but like i said im new to this so finding my feet.

its an ok rof but nothing like friends g&g cg16. but also after a burst 1 in say 5/6 bb's seems to drop off so thought battery may need replacing and it can feel sluggish

Comment

HK are the company that maufacture the REAL GUN, what make is your Airsoft gun?

How old are you anyway?

Comment

im 33 mate so not young, just new.

is ares the brand? i will check more tomorrow as its currently at mates in his double rifle bag as im yet to sort one.

i had airsoft spring pistols 15 years ago but now its all so much better.

i may sound like an idiot in asking the most basic questions but just want the right advice from the people who know.

Comment

The question of age was because of self policing the industry... there are enough people out there wanting to ban the sport with the youngsters breaking the law and giving them the ammo they need, pardon the pun.

ARES is indeed a brand of airsoft manufacturer but if you can get all the details it will make it easier to offer some sound advice.

Oh, welcome

Comment

Ares G36C's have a decent rate of fire, when they work.

Stick with a 7.4v Lipo, can't go wrong. I presume you have a Lipo charger?

Comment

using mates lipo charger yes.

still trying to get all the kit i need together.

maybe i just need to give the gun a good check over.

are they not very reliable??

and thanks andrew for the replies.

Comment

hmm, there are better brands out there. How long you been playing?

Comment

only a couple of months, a few friends started at the new local site and have got me into it.

its pretty much a free gun as such, so can not really knock it, but do have a m4 coming soon. but its pretty bare so will be using the 36 for a couple more months whilst i get the m4 how i want it.

i can see myself getting quite hooked on it and having a few guns around me at any one time. i like to tinker.

i just need to learn whats what and that im sure i can pick up on here

Comment

Originally posted by jay79 View Post
                        i just need to learn whats what and that im sure i can pick up on here
                        And elsewhere, google can be your friend. My advice (which I think you're already doing) is to read as much as you can and research. Other than that learn to live with a lighter wallet from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                          And elsewhere, google can be your friend. My advice (which I think you're already doing) is to read as much as you can and research. Other than that learn to live with a lighter wallet from now on.

haha i come into this thinking its cheaper than spending on my mtb :-) so far its looking alot cheaper, and then you price up every extra or gimmick that i want.

and yes i am reading what i can to get an understanding of it all properly, i will search everywhere i can for the info i need

cheers for your help guys

Comment

Been playing for nearly ten years, so far spent around forty grand, probably more...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                              so far spent around forty grand
                              That's only because you insist on using precision BB's made by rolling them on the thighs of Japanese virgins.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jay79 Find out more about jay79
                              Working...
                              X