Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD Rails and Front Wiring

Hey guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my current 14.5" M4A1 with a DD rail. I'm either going to keep the front sight and delta ring and get a 7" Omega rail, or go the whole nine yards and get a 12" RIS II that will go over the front sight and gas block (which would be exciting, as I've never tried to take a delta ring off before).

However, I'm thinking there probably isn't a lot of space in those rails. Anyone have any experience to share regarding whether or not you can fit a battery in them?

Thanks in advance.

(Mods - I'm not sure if this counts as a technical discussion. I apologise if I've got it wrong, but I think it's slightly more general than the example in the rules)

--
    HSAR

Re: DD Rails and Front Wiring

There is next to no room at all in my 7" Omega rail.

There are the fatter rails which would give more room, or even a front end tube, but the Omega series is gonna be tough. Perhaps one of those three stick lipos?

Once the rail is on it requires allen keys and a screw drive to open it up, so not exactly practical for battery access either.

Comment

I had to split a 7.4v pack to go in my DD Mk18 RIS and it sucked because it didn't have the grunt to turn my gun over snappily.

You can only really fit tiny batteries in the space, so be prepared to do a lot of dicking around only to find your guns response and ROF will suffer... I've reverted back to a dummy PEQ battery box...

Comment

I use a large PEQ 16 battery box with 2200 mah lipos. Works a treat, and with the PEQ15/16, they look pretty decent too.
        Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
        Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
        Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
        Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Ah, right. PEQ box or rear wire, then?

Comment

Go rear wire, you'll never look back!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              Go rear wire, you'll never look back!
              Is that just a fantastic pun, or are you serious?

Comment

either way its the best option, rear wire it, stock tube 1300mah, ideal, or crane stock and 2600mah.

Mk18 wont hold a battery worth bothering with

Comment

I have just fitted 1600 turnigy lipo's in a standard PEQ 15. However I own a sopmod so I dont have a choice really. Have previously had 1200/1300 lipos in stock tubes on m4 with no issues at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HSAR Find out more about HSAR
                  Working...
                  X