Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BB weight thread/advice

Hi,
    I couldn't really find much under Search or looking through the forms, but there must be hundreds of threads discussing the pros and cons and different BB weights. I have an HK53 (like the Classic Army CA33E but shorter barrel) that I planned to upgrade to about 360fps using 0.2g BBs. This is for outdoor, mainly woodland use (with a site limit of 360), so wanted to know the best BB to use, was thinking of going to either 0.25g or 0.28g.

Can anyone give their opinions and what they would suggest, or point me to an existing thread along these lines?

Thanks!

Re: Best BB weight thread/advice

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...weight-and-hop

A link at the top of that thread is to a detailed study of weights and there effects, and the thread also contains forum members opinions.
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thanks very much, will have a read through and decide.

Comment

6 of one, half dozen of the other tbh... i'd advise not aiming for 360, as if you hit it, or are close, you limit your ability to play at other sites.

I use .25's as they are readily avalible, my ptw loves .25 blaster, but jams on .28 blaster devils (two different brands of bb, rebranded by ASG, I could tell you who makes both, but then I'd have to kill you)

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
          6 of one, half dozen of the other tbh... i'd advise not aiming for 360, as if you hit it, or are close, you limit your ability to play at other sites.

I use .25's as they are readily avalible, my ptw loves .25 blaster, but jams on .28 blaster devils (two different brands of bb, rebranded by ASG, I could tell you who makes both, but then I'd have to kill you)
          Thanks, think I will settle with 0.25s

I was going to put a M100 spring in to get around 330fps, but now planning on the next one up, M110 for around 350-360, do you reckon the M110 will put it higher than that? I have read about people going up to 380+ with an M110?

Comment

Spring FPS ratings can be vague at best. It all depends on your air seal inside your gearbox as well as your barrel. Ive got a KWA SR10, i put an ASG M90 in that and got 405, put a Madbull M100 in and got 415, only way you can truly know what your rifle will produce is to put a spring in it then chrono. You could have the worlds greatest airseal and only use an M90 or so and still get a great performer, and likewise, if your airseal has more leaks than a cheese grater, even an M150 spring wont give you any great gains in FPS.

As for BBs, I use Madbull 0.25s in all of mine and they all feed and fly well in the air.
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

If your happy with gearbox work, whack and m110 in, if its too high, m100 it, not bank breaking costs, and you'll only know what you achieve once you have done it, can't second guess what results you will get doe to so many variables... you can achieve more than 380 with a "perfect setup" so if it is going to cost you £35+ in tech labour fees, to find out, then best stick with an m100 and if its low, think about a 110 later on when you need a service ect...

Make sure you do the mundane stuff first, like a new hop rubber and nub (I change mine every 6 months or so) tb ect, as these can affect your fps quite drastically...

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll try the M100 first (as I have one already and not a 110). I have a grease set with airseal grease, don't know if that'll make much of a difference but will use it anyway.

Comment

OP - I use 0.2s at 350 fps, with satisfactory accuracy - I'm intending to try .25s at some point, but the draw of .2s is that my rifle is accurate enough with them, and they are far far cheaper when bought in bulk.

Originally posted by madwelshman
                  (two different brands of bb, rebranded by ASG, I could tell you who makes both, but then I'd have to kill you)
                  ASG Glock 17s are KWA rebrands.

NOW EVERYONE WHO READ WHAT I POSTED MUST BE KILLED.

Or i just may have helped someone who was confused as to what brands were compatible/rebrands.

Who make the bbs that ASG rebrand?
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I know who makes the bb's for asg, the blaster and blaster devils are made by two seperate companies, which is why some, including myself, could not use both in certian guns, though I can use all the blaster (non devil) weights...

Comment

So who are they then? :P
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

My guns run between 320 and 350 on 0.2s.
                        I run them all on Blaster Devil 0.25s and get good range and accuracy. Plus they cut through light bushes to a better degree than 0.2s.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PeteJC21 Find out more about PeteJC21
                        Working...
                        X