Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short MP5 mags?

Hi,

Trying to find out if anyone does one of the short 15rd size MP5 mags, in a hi-cap style, would need to fit a CA MP5k. Bit annoying having a nice compact MP5 with a big banana sticking out of it! I've found low cap versions, but not a high cap style thus far.

Anyone got any pointers to where I might find one?

Cheers

Matt

Re: Short MP5 mags?

If it's an AEG (not GBB) you can get a short double Mag (side by side) complete with dummy 9mm Rounds on the outside one.

Comment

ummm, its a low cap mag because its a tiny mag. How are you going to fit enough bbs to make it worth even making a hi cap version, in such a small mag?!

Comment

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2240

Comment

I'd go with the mids. A hi-cap of that size would hold the same as the mid if not less than a mid tbh. The long highs take 200 rnds and the short mids 130 rnds

Comment

The ones Johnno points out are great.

They hold 60 rounds less than an M4 hi-cap, but operate in the same manner.

Slide the innert 9mm ammo forwards to fill the mag (all hollow inside) and there is a winder on the bottom as with normal hi-caps.

Comment

there not easy to get in a pouch though if you want to carry a spare when I used to use them

Comment

As Loki says, you'll get 300 in them at a push, great firepower for the right occassion.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

That is a fair point.... individual pouches are out of the question.

You are looking more toward smoke grenade pouches or radio pouches type of thing. Which is a pain if you are already set up for something else.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guy's. I'm only really planning on using the MP5k as a back up (when I sus out a sensible way of caring it/sling that works without it dangling around when running) and for smaller spaces inside so I'm not that fussed about the lower capacity (if I ever use as a main then the big banana's will come out).

The side by side type presents the same problem as the 30rd'er's, excessive bulk for a nice compact K

My thinking is even a mid cap mag is far more capacity than a pistol but a hi-cap style would be far easier to refill than a mid cap.

Also can anyone point me at any red dot's (lasers) that will fit on an MP5 tidily (i.e. no double the size of it..), probably worth asking if there is any issue using red dot (lasers) while Skirmishing, obviously a little common sense required i.e. not in peoples faces... but shouldn't be aiming their anyway ?

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Some sites ban lasers altogether, others only allow red ones as they are less powerful than their green counterparts. It is an individual site thing so you'll need to check in advance or just be prepared not to use it..

You can get either a high rise or low slung mount that has RIS on top to fix your prefered optic. The high rise allow you to look through it like a tunnel and use your iron sights as it sits above them where as the low rise sits almost on top of the battery compartment obscuriing your view with the ironsights. There a few methods of fixing them on, but the quick release claw mount seems pretty popular.

There are MP5 specific shoulder holsters made up of different material types but my favourite is the leather type one that hinges. The gun stays attached near your armpit on a swivel and you look like you have been stung by a wasp as you grap hold of it, but as a back up it is awesome as it doesnt swing around as much as ones on cheapy straps. You can also remove the gun from it in seconds for that alfresco moment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattaddiction 30 odd, been in to Airsoft since I was about 15, recently re-discovered Skirmishing (end of 2012). From North Herts/South Cambridgeshire area. Looking to make contact with any Airsofters in my area. Currently play at Urban Assault in Peterborough, AWAherts is also fairly close, but not yet made it there. Find out more about mattaddiction
                      Working...
                      X