Chargers for lipos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers for lipos.

Hi guys thanks for taking a couple of mins just to read this.

Basically it's what it says above, I'm looking to start running lipos instead of the normal nicad battery's and need some help with makes ect. What are your recommendations for charger with lipo balance mode and makes for the battery's themselves.
    Team Ghost

Re: Chargers for lipos.

i made this jump earlier this year. i got myself a turnigy charger/discharger for £45.00 which includes all the leads you will ever need.
    it has various charging modes, can do all the battery types and you can always clip it to your car battery out in the field.

as for batteries, all mine are VP racing ones @7.4volts. really good to performance and great price tag too!

Comment

Nice one mate thanks for input.
      Team Ghost

Comment

+1 for the Turnigy! Their accucell 6 is pretty awesome, modular and precise!!!!!!!
        and +1 for the VP's!!!!!

Sound advice above!!!!!
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

You don't have to stick to VP any RC bats will be good, just look at the C value and to start with if you stayed at say 20 - 30C you will be fine. Make sure you use Deans or XT60 connectors ect.

I wouldn't be duped into using Donkey Kong or what ever they are called. Stupidly over priced for no reason.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm only looking to use 7.4v lipos does that alter anything?
            Team Ghost

Comment

Originally posted by tg Gellar View Post
              Thanks guys. I'm only looking to use 7.4v lipos does that alter anything?
              no matey 7.4 is good

as for charger Imax b6 is a fantastic all in one charger
              Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Nope 11.1 is just an extra cell over 7.4 so the quality/performance etc is basically the same regardless of voltage when comparing brand and model...
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                  Nope 11.1 is just an extra cell over 7.4 so the quality/performance etc is basically the same regardless of voltage when comparing brand and model...
                  Sorry I didn't understand the relevance of that post?
                  He is talking about 7.4v,11.1v will increase the rof and load on the gearbox,do not use an 11.1 unless the gun has been adapted to suit.
                  Some guns "can" run on 11.1 but longevity can be an issue,most manufacturers do not advise use of 11.1v yet.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                    Sorry I didn't understand the relevance of that post?
                    He is talking about 7.4v,11.1v will increase the rof and load on the gearbox,do not use an 11.1 unless the gun has been adapted to suit.
                    Some guns "can" run on 11.1 but longevity can be an issue,most manufacturers do not advise use of 11.1v yet.
                    Exactly. He was talking about only using 7.4 and whether that altered what he is doing. I said no and mentioned that there was no difference between 7.4 and 11.1 with regards to what he was talking about, I.e brands/chargers. Still seem irrelevant?

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                      Exactly. He was talking about only using 7.4 and whether that altered what he is doing. I said no and mentioned that there was no difference between 7.4 and 11.1 with regards to what he was talking about, I.e brands/chargers. Still seem irrelevant?
                      It doesn't read clear,and it seemed to muddy the waters when I read it.. the OP being a relative newbie especially to Lipo's I was trying to keep it clear for them.
                      No problem we're trying to help...

Comment

Aw sh!t sorry, was meant to like but my fat thumb somehow mashed the dislike, apologies...!

Damn touchscreen....

Comment

And he does have freakishly large thumbs!
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I use an imax B6 and its plain and simple, does the job. Has all the leads you need, balances, and has a discharge/charge for storage mode if your not going to be using them for a while. However I'm a noob too with this.

Comment

Imax B6 for me aswell,similar spec' to the Accucell.
                              Whatch out for poor clones from Hong kong on a very big auction site,and make sure it comes with a power supply....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tg Gellar Find out more about tg Gellar
                              Working...
                              X