Posting Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Gun

Hey, I have searched google and here but nothing is coming up apart from a thread 2 years ago.

I just sold my gun, but who can I use to ship it apart from Fedex? Even with them, where can I book a shipping with it? Just don't want the box scanned then destroyed!

Help!

Re: Posting Gun

Just take it to the post office. Simples
    sigpic

Comment

Are you sending within the UK? I've sent and received using Parcelfarce 48 hour before. Declare it as sporting equipment if they ask, but I don't think they do. Its very unlikely to go missing. However you should note that they are considered a prohibited item so if it does go missing then don't expect any help or compo.. http://www.parcelforce.com/send-worl...d-restrictions

Comment

Yeah in uk..i seen it was in prohibited items, last time I got gun It was from them. Post Office wont do special delivery on box the size of the gun

Comment

My hermes...

Comment

Experiences?

Comment

Royal Mail have to accept them. Have used them and PF48. Never had one questioned or go missing yet.
              "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Hmmm, this was talked about at least once in the last week.
                As a personal customer, if you want insurance, and the ability to claim said insurance if the gun gets damaged, then you must send it by Royal Mail 24 hour delivery service. This is described on the RM website. You can try to send it via any other courier you like, but nigh on all of the ones I have checked do not allow RIF's including Parcel farce.

So really its up to you. If you want to cover yourself then spend the £20 to ship via Royal Mail. If you want to save yourself a tenner then ship via anyone else and tell them its up to you.

Companies can send RIF's via parcel force, but that's because companies are allowed to by parcel force.
                Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

I've sent several rifles and pistols from my local Post Office.
                  I have told them what it contained in the parcel and have sent them with tracking no's with no problems whatsoever. They also gave me the insurance cover i requested for each one.
                  No one has ever mentioned i cannot send them because they are prohibited items. How odd.

Comment

Royal mail are legally required to handle anything that's legal to own within the UK (subject to a few H&S issues such as pressurised containers etc), but parcel farce are not the national post carrier, so can impose whatever restrictions they want.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bootygrabber View Post
                      Experiences?
                      This recent post...at least you can reason with independants unlike RM...why would I want a packet of 1st class stamps after they've lost a parcel??
                      Used Hermes today,insured and signed for and cheap...you decide...

Comment

As I have said, you can use who like, however when you have a problem then try to claim for sending something they prohibit.
                        Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

I've always found p/force and the p/office obstinate when it comes to claiming,good customer service seems less important to them than the smaller independants.
                          They are losing their stranglehold on the delivery service area as people are opting for the smaller independants who offer similar services cheaper,as long as it gets there,undamaged and within a reasonable time I'm happy..as in the linked post you get to talk to a person who will genuinely help instead of saying it was not wrapped correctly,can't find it or some other crap excuse...each to their own.
                          P.S look at my feedback regarding delivery speed,most of the time using MY Hermes..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bootygrabber Find out more about Bootygrabber
                          Working...
                          X