Collapse

Make the GBBR jump, or pimp out my AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the GBBR jump, or pimp out my AEG?

Afternoon all,

Well I'm sure a lot of people have had this dilemma. I'm a player that loves the realism of any weapon I use, and have had many different AEGs, my favourite being my TM Sopmod for that reason. It just turns heads, they hear the noise, see the bolt flying, and stare...

Anyway, I've been really interested in going GBBR as a primary rifle for awhile now, but never having had one before I'm torn weather my money would be wisely spent. I love the simple breakdown, realistic functions (don't mind the 30rd cap), and always hated bothering with batteries and can't work on a gearbox to save my life. I'm good with maintaining things and most of my stuff is always pristinely kept.

My main weapon is a TW, that is well upgraded, but could do with a few bits/accessories/mags, could also do with a new plate carrier etc. So my dilemma is this: Do I spend circa £200 on a GBBR (it's a G&P WOC 2nd hand), or pimp out my TW instead?

Re: Make the GBBR jump, or pimp out my AEG?

Personally Id go for a EBB TM Scar H.

I like GBB, but I could never see myself using one enough in old cold England
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Save up and buy a new G&P WOC and by the time you have more money the weather will be better for GBBR's. AEG's are boring and once you shoot a GBBR you will look at your AEG with disrespect
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Why not just buy second hand and put in steel internals?
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

After owning a few WOCs, I'd say spend the money elsewhere. Whether you want more bits for your AEGs, more nylon gear or another GBB system is up to you, but IMO there are much better options than the G&P GBBRs these days.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I had a WE gbbr scar. It was a monster. I scrapped it after a while however due to not being able to use it all year round.

I loved the realism etc so have now gone for a full blowback system AEG. (Mine is pneumatic not EBB) and use real cap mags.

Must admit the noise is no where near as satisfying but the pennies it saves me allows me to play more and spend elswhere on gear etc.

Comment

Definitely don't ditch all your AEGs - keep the best one (preferably with a backup). If it's realism you're after, the cheapest GBBrs will be less realistic than a SOPMOD (G&G's otherwise excellent guns don't have bolt lock), and WA-pattern will offer more realism than the reliable and advanced LM4, but £200 doesn't buy you a lot of GBBR. At that price point you're shopping second-hand, preferably looking for a WOC with the steel internals factory fitted. The cost of decent internals for GBBrs is frankly frightening and the depreciation is steep.

Comment

Simple answer....WA or AGM running co2 with npas fitted! No cold weather issues, no fps issues!

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2
                Originally posted by Mike581
                L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
                Originally posted by mark2191
                i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
                "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

What does WOC stand for?

Comment

You have answered your own question in your little blurb.

It is clear you want a GBBR so if it is within your means, go for it.

I'd try to stick to ones that are CO2 compatible though and then you shouldn't have an issue with the weather.

Comment

Proto

Why not just buy second hand and put in steel internals?
                      The one I've been offered has all steel internals already.

CKinnerley

After owning a few WOCs, I'd say spend the money elsewhere. Whether you want more bits for your AEGs, more nylon gear or another GBB system is up to you, but IMO there are much better options than the G&P GBBRs these days.
                      It's a steel internal WOC. Pretty much standard otherwise, bar 1 RA-TECH part. Only other I was tempted with was the WE HK416 to be a bit different. New buy, but I've heard they aren't as good/realistic as the WA open bolts?

PureSilver

Definitely don't ditch all your AEGs - keep the best one (preferably with a backup). If it's realism you're after, the cheapest GBBrs will be less realistic than a SOPMOD (G&G's otherwise excellent guns don't have bolt lock), and WA-pattern will offer more realism than the reliable and advanced LM4, but £200 doesn't buy you a lot of GBBR. At that price point you're shopping second-hand, preferably looking for a WOC with the steel internals factory fitted. The cost of decent internals for GBBrs is frankly frightening and the depreciation is steep.
                      I'll be keeping my CTW what ever I do so will have a backup/cold weather weapon. I loved my sopmod don't get me wrong, but I could never work on it myself. I would hate to open up the gearbox or touch any of that. The internals of a GBBR seem more .."me"? The WOC i've got on offer is already steel internals except part of the BCG, the plastic valve is it? would replace that with an RA-TECH steel or aluminium part.

loki7491

You have answered your own question in your little blurb.

It is clear you want a GBBR so if it is within your means, go for it.

I'd try to stick to ones that are CO2 compatible though and then you shouldn't have an issue with the weather
                      GBBR seem annoyingly hard to research properly with so many mixed bags of advice on brands and what works with what. G&P WOC seems the best built ones I can find short of viper tech/innokatsu?

Comment

From what puresilver has told me i believe WA trumps G&P WOC (assuming they both have steel internals)
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The g&p woc is a wa system and in my opinion are fantastic! Not without its problems but it works great even today in this cold weather it worked ok on single shot! Ive been useing gbb's as my primary's for more than a year now, they do get problems just like any other bit of kit and they do work just as well as any other bit of kit! Also since you run tw's and sopmods ect I'm sure your used to not spraying on full auto! So I'd say go for it buddy and enjoy it there great! If you don't you can sell it simples!!!!

Comment

I'd buy a TM SOPMOD....which is what I did :D

Comment

Originally posted by Strebor_7 View Post
                              The g&p woc is a wa system and in my opinion are fantastic! Not without its problems but it works great even today in this cold weather it worked ok on single shot! Ive been useing gbb's as my primary's for more than a year now, they do get problems just like any other bit of kit and they do work just as well as any other bit of kit! Also since you run tw's and sopmods ect I'm sure your used to not spraying on full auto! So I'd say go for it buddy and enjoy it there great! If you don't you can sell it simples!!!!

This is the rifle I'm about to buy:
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/album.php?albumid=2393

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Knight Find out more about Knight
                              Working...
                              X