Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

changing Brand UPer receiver will they fit !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing Brand UPer receiver will they fit !

hi All

i currently have a custom G and G CQB gun, it currently has an 18.2cm Barrel as i currently play mostly Woodland games this is slightly short and i lack acuracy and range. i look the gun but a silencer will not fit on it to run the barrel through. i was thinking of getting interchangable top receivers Hops up barrels and frount ends. will a D boys upper receiver fit on my G and G ? ( please dont answer try it ! )

thanks
    Simon

Re: changing Brand UPer receiver will they fit !

be aware that increasing the inner barrel length e.g. from your 182mm one to a standard 363mm one will also allow more air expansion behind the bb in the longer barrel which can easily result in an unexpected and possibly unwelcome rise in fps

So, even if your longer fron end fits fine, your gun might be too hot as a result.

This is from direct experience in the past of using STEY AUG guns with short and long front ends and more recently with short and long ICS guns and different upper gearbox set ups
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

im Currently Pushing at about 299,304,311 FPS on .25g ( my last readings ) im really unsure what this will take me up to with a longer barrel

Comment

In my current ICS guns I am getting approx 30-40 fps increase moving between short and long inner barrels

but your measurements being based on 0.25's is a bit of a worry, with the conversion down to 0.20g bb will put you in the 330+ fps range, not giving you much room for unwelcome increases without becoming too hot for many sites
        Originally posted by palmer234
        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonob Find out more about simonob
        Working...
        X