Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics m4 ris compatibility

Are there any aftermarket ris that can be applied without modification
    What do you have to do to get one that needs modding ?
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Anyone?

Comment

Re: Ics m4 ris compatibility

well.. i think the internet has caused more issues than its solved with the issue of ICS compatibility.. i bought a Madbull Daniel Defense front rail kit, being told by everyone it wouldnt fit, unboxed it, screwed straight into place with no modification and is still sat pretty on my gun...

Comment

Yup - put everything from Madbull to China clones on the front of my ICS M4 and all fitted fine. ICS use the same thread as G&P, so pretty much anything that'll go on a G&P will fit an ICS. If it doesn't, 20 mins with a file will sort it

Comment

Yeah that's the problem. If it doesn't fit what do I need to file.

Comment

never buy an airsoft part thinking it will fit on straight away... it rarely does, modification is all part of airsoft upgrading. Whats the harm in buying a front end kit, seeing if it fits, if it doesnt ask yourself "Am i a man... can i use tools to make it fit?" or "Nope i have no clue how the world works.. so ill stick it on ebay"

Comment

But what will I need to file.

Just tappin away

Comment

Originally posted by gezer View Post
                Yeah that's the problem. If it doesn't fit what do I need to file.
                The upper receiver threads. They will either need flattening down a bit or the groove between them widening a bit with a triangular file all the way round. If it's a plastic upper then the metal thread on the new RIS will do it for you ;-) Tighten it on a bit then remove and brush off the plastic shavings, repeat a bit more and remove etc...

Comment

Originally posted by gezer View Post
                  But what will I need to file.

Just tappin away
                  it might be different for every gun, somethings you have to figure out for yourself, you might not need a file.. may need a drill.. or even a hammer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gezer love airsoft and getting to know everything about it as a sport and the great friends that we meet. Find out more about gezer
                  Working...
                  X