Gear ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear ratios

Ill just keep it as it is then just a lighter piston it already feels good but i would like it to be nicer but we all want better than what we have :D
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

If you are building a gearbox and using a torque motor with an 11.1. Within a short length of time unless you are very lucky and your AOE is not to far out, you will be knocking the pick up tooth off your piston. If you don't correct the AOE the pickup tooth on the Sector gear will be trying to hit the pick up tooth on the piston up towards the top of the gear box. It won't last. When you correct your AOE, you also need to remove the second from last tooth and probably half the third on the back of the piston.

If you don't remove the second tooth and half the third you will be mashing the teeth on the piston.

I would also use a full metal tooth piston with a pom piston head. If you want your gun to perform to it's best use 13:1 gears and buy a second battery. That will without a doubt give you the best trigger response.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I can attest to that, I did it whilst experimenting with an 11.1.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm currently running SHS 16:1s and an SHS high torque, and the trigger response is plenty snappy - going down to 13:1s will only improve that.

Mirlock - sure, the motor wont have to work as hard to spin up your torquey-torque-torque combo there, but if you bandy about terms like shear pressure surely you must be familiar with the concept of the higher ratio (say, 32:1) meaning that the motor, whilst working less, has to do over twice as many revolutions as in a 13:1 setup.

Because hell, if running everything at high torque/low rpm reduced resistance/increased energy efficiency then we'd all just drive our cars in first gear all the time.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
          Working...
          X