Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Sword Type 56 Mag Compatibility

Hello all,

Im getting my hands on a Real Sword Type 56-2 and looking at getting a couple more magazines for it. Real Sword magazines seem to be out of stock everywhere, so what magazines will fit?

From what Ive heard, G&P magazines will not fit without modification, and neither will Cyma. This is a shame as Ive some genuine bakelite mags with G&P internals that would look lovely in it .

Ive heard that Ares/Star magazines will fit, but I REALLY dont want some of those horrid plastic AK47 mags they do. I quite fancy some waffle style mags but cant seem to find any Ares made ones anywhere.

So my final stop is MAG. They make a nice variety of 47 mid caps and are nicely priced. I think I would go for some black waffle mags. Does anyone know if these require modification like the G&P or Cyma?

Cheers guys, appreciate the help!

Could you not drop the ares internals into your bakelite shells?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Real Sword Type 56 Mag Compatibility

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
      Could you not drop the ares internals into your bakelite shells?
      Tis certainly a nice idea, but I dont possess the expertise or the tools. A fellow on here called Clot was the one to make them!

Comment

The problem with ak mags is always te front lug. If the magazine is 'long' enough at the top to lock in at the front and rear properly.

My last cyma ak I got a few mag magazines, and those locked in extremely tightly. Of all the brands available, if cyma won't fit, I'd bet on mag ones fitting

Comment

Cheers bud thats good to hear. Means I can get some nice waffle mids . As far as what Ive read, G&P/Cyma mags back lips are too long for the real sword.

Comment

the good thing about plastic mags is you can file them down easily if they dont quite fit

Comment

Hmmm at first i thought they were too long. However with a couple of trips down the gym (not really) they fit in. I actually liked it. A nice hard smack to get it to lock in made it feel more real!

Comment

I use Cyma mags as well as RS Mags in my 56-2.

Tbh, just takes a little filing of the Cyma mags rear tab to make them fit
                The tabs are just ABS too so it's nice and simple.

Hold better (assuming less wobble is better, even thought the Real Steel AKs have notorious mag wobble) than the Real Sword ones, just have the sickle like blade at the back of the mag oposed to the smooth backs of the RS Mags.

I shall be trying a wee experiment on a spare Cyma mag casing I have, to see if it will take a hot blue. Or if the damn thing just falls to bits....

Comment

... What?

Comment

Cheers Mad Matt. Thats good news. I think I might invest in a couple of extended AK47 200 rounders!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                      ... What?
                      To which part?

The long/short of it is - Cyma mags with back tab filing mod, fit tighter than the Real Sword mags....that better :P

I have a spare Cyma steel mag shell I shall try to Hot Blue with a torch and old oil, to see if I can get the right effect rather than the black paint it has now

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                      Cheers Mad Matt. Thats good news. I think I might invest in a couple of extended AK47 200 rounders!
                      You are very welcome matey, just takes a little trial and error

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                      Working...
                      X