Clear All

Re: New to airsoft need some advice

No, just name the skirmish site but don't post the link
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Ok i believe its known as "Huddersfield Woodland"

they say the prices start at £25 for none members, then £15 hire... so do i pay £15 to go or £40?

anyone been there? enjoyed? bad points? etc ty

Comment

That would be £40 mate, £25 for the day then £15 added on for rental. I've heard they do another good one near Wakefield too.

Mike

Comment

The hire route does have another advantage:
          If you can arrange to hire a different gun each time, you get to try 3 different guns before you buy one for yourself.

As others have said, don't get a sniper rifle as your first, get an AEG of some kind, then "graduate" to a sniper later if you want to.
          Another reason for this is that most sites REQUIRE snipers to have a back-up weapon (such as a pistol), or a "spotter" who stays with them, because they don't allow you to fire if the target is below a certain distance. AEG users don't have that restriction.

WRT "running around outside shooting your mates":
          Outside of a registeres site, or private land with permission, expect to be arrested at best, or shot by a police ARU at worst...

Comment

Also as most sniper rifles have a higher FPS (Power) than standard AEGs its highly unlikely that you'll be allowed onto a site to use one on your first go - you'll probably need to become known to the site so that they trust you first. Our site insists that anyone using a sniper rifle does a sniper test to ensure that they are proficient and responsible.

And running around wanting to "shoot your mates" for a few BBs is not a good idea, two tone or not. Just go to a site, do your three games, get registered as a skirmisher and play responsibly and risk-free - you'll enjoy it more, especially if you play structured games.
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Right lets just get something clear. If you contact your local Police this is what they should tell you. Never carry any RIF (two tone or not) as the maximum sentence for carrying an imitation gun in a public place without reasonable excuse or lawful authority is 12 months under the Violent Crime Reduction Act. This applies to BB guns(discharging plastic, wax or ball bearing "shot"), blank firing pistols, cap guns, collectibles, 'airsoft' guns (used during organised skirmishes), airguns and other items that resemble a gun.
              Trust me, that is official!

Also, if you carry the gun in a way that could cause distress to a member of the public this is a firearms offence.

I can assure you, running around with your mates is asking for a whole world of trouble.

In short, get UKARA, get a RIF and play at a site.

Comment

thanks everyone, i will be going to a local site in february hopefully and another in redding its like an indoor shopping mall which looks cool.

usually on sites what weapons do you get to chose from?

thanks

Comment

If you choose to go the one in wakefield called fearful silence they have m4s and aks for rentals. I think they also have an sr25 for rental as well. My personal opinion is the site in wakefield is better than theone in huddersfield ( im from huddersfield). Dont buy 2 tone just rent 3 times and get your ukara then you can buy all the rifs you want.

Comment

The Mall in Readings guns are AK47's
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

thanks animal i will arrange it propperly with friends tomorrow, still watching videos on guns and hte G36C is taking my fancy with a red dot / acog score once i get the liscence

Comment

I sent your mate a link to some of the fearful silence videos, see you there

Comment

what?whos my mate? lol

and whats the best make of airsoft guns?

Comment

Depends what gun you want, and if you want to know the best make, or the best value for money.

It's also very subjective, what some people like, other's don't... My dream gun is a SCAR, although they are rather out of my price range. I have been reading up on SCARs for example, and I have heard people swear that CA/VFC/G&G/Ares-STAR etc are the best, and others dismiss the same brands as being crap.

My advice is name look for detailed reviews on the net, and maybe ask around on here, esp ask people who own the weapon, and you'll get a fair idea. Generally though, Japanese/Taiwanese/HK guns are of better, or atleast more consistant quality than Chinese guns, although that isn't tp say all chinese guns are bad...

I own a JP MP5 as my primary gun, and I have issues with it, but overall it is a perfectly adequate gun, if looked after right, although people post up their guns on here that make mine look rubbish. Quality is rather dependant on how much money you can afford to sink, and JG etc offer good quality for the price.

I am no expert myself, and am just starting out in the sport properly (although I am slightly further along than you).

Comment

yeah, i got the link animal, looked pretty good there, lots of places to hide and also run out guns flailing rambo style! =P i think we'll probably end up going there soon!

Comment

As most of the above have said Rent 3 times might seem expensive but then again this is not a cheap hobby, its worth it in the long run most two-toners i know hate them after a short period just the fact that anyone including steve wonder could spot you with one and it takes away from the sport i.e. the realism, also The G36C is an amazing gun to start with try to get hold of a JG (after UKARA) there reliable accurate and plenty of aftermarket parts to "pimp" it with it was my first AEG :D

Dont buy into two-tones
                                Custom M4
                                TM 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                                Working...
                                X