Airsoft radio advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft radio advice

As the subject reads I'm looking to buy A radio a friend has a binatone so I want it work with this I'm tho king going cheap one seen some on a well know auction site for like 20 quid for I branded these will work together right ? What's the main pros of spending more ?? I feel a noob but the closed to a radio I've ever had is most likely a mobile phone !!!

Re: Airsoft radio advice

The pros of spending more will be a good radio that will serve you many years, with accessories that you purchase widely and good cutomer support if you need it.

If you spend £20 on a radio you are going to get £20 of radio and customer service. in real terms, a packet of smokes and a mcdonalds happy meal!

Invest in a decent radio, icom, motorola, kenwood, hell even someo of the higher end Chinese radios aren't bad these days, the Puxing PX888 can be a great radio as long as you don't get a friday night special.

But don't spend £20 on a radio, that's a walk on fee, not a radio!

Comment

I have a Motorola XTNiD. I'll probably go over comms on my new YouTube channel at some point. But the one major thing you have to remember in airsoft is you buy cheep, you buy twice. Save up and get something that lasts
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

If you're looking for a radio that will last for a reasonable price, I'd suggest the Intek MT-3030, MT-4040, or my one, the MT-5050 (ranging from £40 to £75 per set). They're solid almost-industry quality with every necessary feature, many of them can be modded with things like better tuned aerials. All take ICOM or midland accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
          the Puxing PX888 can be a great radio as long as you don't get a friday night special.
          But they're too powerful to use legally on PMR446 frequencies.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonob Find out more about simonob
          Working...
          X