New to airsoft, advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft, advice needed!

Hey, i've just started airsofting with some mates, we haven't been to any official skirmishes yet but we should be starting soon. I bought myself a ACM P90 RD (China import) which included a red dot sight and silencer but had to be in a horrible flourescent green two tone (setting me back £140) and tends to quite often just spit out the BB's which can be a pain, i'm wondering if it would be worth returning the gun and going to the three skirmishes within 2 months required to get a UKARA membership while renting a gun each time then buying myself a proper RIF that would obviously be a better gun than my current P90 and wouldn't have to be so painful on the eyes.
    any advice and thoughts would be much appreciated, as i am new to the hobby!

Cheers

Mike
    Scarysheep
    Last edited by scarysheep; 25 January, 2010, 12:50. Reason: missed info

Re: New to airsoft, advice needed!

The rental then UKARA route is best - not only does it get you able to buy a RIF, but you get to try out 3 different guns before you buy.
    It'll also get the rabidly anti-2-tone rabble off your case too...

BTW, it's not "within" 2 months, it's "not less than" 2 months. That means 3 or more in 2 months and 1 day is fine, but 3 or more in less than 2 months isn't. It's essentially a "waiting period", showing long-term commitment, not just rushing to get a RIF to cause trouble.

Comment

^+1
      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Ah right thanks No1_sonuk, that makes more sense now, or else some might go to 3 consecutive matches in 3 days just to get a RIF. Yeah i was also wondering about as you said the 'anti-twotone rabble' i've heard some people can get quite annoyed with twotones. The rental way can add a £120 to the cost though (25 day + 15 rental x 3) but i'm sure it would be worth it in the end. Do rentals usually include BB's?
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 25 January, 2010, 16:13.

Comment

With those numbers, it actually only adds £45 (£15 rental x 3) - you'd be paying the game day fee anyway if you had your own gun.
          Whether rental includes BBs or not, I don't know, you'd have to check with the place you get it.

Comment

Allright mate seeing as your from huddersfield you should check out fearfulsilence airsoft site in wakefield. Im from huddersfield myself and got my ukara thru them its a really decent site, big as well.

Comment

yeah it would be £25 for the day if i kept the gun that i have and used that but i'm thinking about returning it and then using rental to test out a few other guns and see what they're like. Fair point i'd be paying it anyway and so yeah it would only be an extra £45 i'm having to pay out. Aye i've looked into fearful silence and it looks like a good site, also looked at the woodlands one the same site has which is actually in huddersfield, that's where i found the prices i've been quoting.

Comment

Your best off with FSA mate coz its 20 a day with a good selection of rental options, plus if you want your UKARA and get your membership sorted (40 quid for life) then game days drop to 15 quid a time, with occasional members free days (next ones sometime in feb).

Comment

Scary we dont get annoyed about people using two tones :D only people that abuse the rules get UKARA mate and buy yourself a gorgeous NORMAL gun its worth the money and the wait.
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 25 January, 2010, 16:12.
                  Custom M4
                  TM 1911

Comment

you ARE 18 right?
                    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

If hes talking about Ukara mate i sure he knows you have to be 18 to apply for one
                      G&p XM117
                      Jls Scar
                      Agm m14
                      A&k svd
                      CA Mp5
                      Originally posted by fallout3021
                      nothing that works should have jls in its name lol

Comment

heh yeah i have done my research (mostly) and i am 18, in my first year of uni. Yeah i think i've decided on sending my current P90 back and get my UKARA, instead of running round with a flourescent green gun!

Comment

Glad to hear it - welcome to the fold

And two-tones suck, so you're making the right decision...
                          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Good call mate. When you get your registration you'll wonder why you ever thought twice.

Comment

Seriously mate,well done, get rid of the two tone, as the boys say, rent and try, would reccomend the g36c as a great first gun, have fun...oh and please always take your hits, even when you are not sure.:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scarysheep Find out more about scarysheep
                              Working...
                              X