Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm high cycle vs g&g top tech 2

HI ALL,

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU PEOPLE HAVE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 'FACTORY UPGRADED' VERSIONS OF THE TM HIGH CYCLE AND G&G TOP TECH 2 SERIES AEGS?

NOW...I KNOW TM STUFF IS MORE EXPENSIVE, LOWER FPS, PLASTIC, JAPANESE, MORE EXPENSIVE, MORE RELIABLE (TYPICALLY) ETC ETC ETC AND THAT ISN'T WHAT IM REALLY ASKING BUT I WAS CURIOUS IF ANY OF YOU AND YOUR SITE/TEAM MATES HAVE EITHER OF THESE TWO TYPES OF AEGS THAT ARE USED TOGETHER OR AGAINST EACH OTHER?

MY MAIN REASON FOR ASKING IS I AM INTERESTED IN BOTH SPECS OF MANUFACTURER AND I AM AN AVID TM FAN TO HEART BUT THE CHANCES OF TESTING BOTH SERIES OF GUNS ON/IN THE SOME SHOP/SITE IS VERY RARE AS I'VE YET TO SEE A SUPPLIER LOCAL TO ME THAT STOCKS BOTH TYPES OF AEG (SEEM TO BE A BIAST BETWEEN TM & G&G WITH SUPPLIERS, THEY STOCK ONE OR THE OTHER???)

EVERYONE HAS A FAVORIT MANUFACTURER OF AEG AND TYPE OF GUN BUT THATS NOT WHAT I AM AFTER, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF ONE SHOOTS FURTHER THAT THE OTHER? WHAT ONES MORE ACCURATE? WHAT ONE PACKS A HARDER HIT? ETC ETC ETC

EVEN IF YOU OWN EITHER VERSION OF THE TM OR G&G THEN YOUR FEEDBACK WOULD BE FANTASTIC

SO...MY MAIN QUESTION WOULD REALLY BE- WHAT ONE SPANKS THE OTHER WHEN YOU NEED TO POINT AND SHOOT??

THANKS FOR READING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPLIES

SMUDGER

Re: Tm high cycle vs g&g top tech 2

keyboard broken? no need for caps.
    TM- Lower FPS ~280, higher ROF (the aug cracks out about 30rps) , plastic (some see as an issue, it isnt really), some parts are on the fragile side from what ive heard. they are really nice bits of kit though
    Available models: M4 CRW, Aug, Mp5a5, Ak, G3 SAS, PS90
    G&G- higher FPS ~330, Lower ROF (meh 20ish), Metal, Pneumatic blowback [Some models] (bit of metal slides back and forth, it isnt Recoil...), built like tanks.
    Available Models: multitude of M4's and M16s, AK47/103/104, M14s, L85, SIG 550/552/553, AK5C, FNC variants, G3, SR25, P90 (pdw99) [Scar-l and FN2000 are Gen1]
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
      keyboard broken? no need for caps.
      TM- Lower FPS ~280, higher ROF (the aug cracks out about 30rps) , plastic (some see as an issue, it isnt really), some parts are on the fragile side from what ive heard. they are really nice bits of kit though
      Available models: M4 CRW, Aug, Mp5a5, Ak, G3 SAS, PS90
      G&G- higher FPS ~330, Lower ROF (meh 20ish), Metal, Pneumatic blowback [Some models] (bit of metal slides back and forth, it isnt Recoil...), built like tanks.
      Available Models: multitude of M4's and M16s, AK47/103/104, M14s, L85, SIG 550/552/553, AK5C, FNC variants, G3, SR25, P90 (pdw99) [Scar-l and FN2000 are Gen1]
      Highly doubt the G&G's crack out 20ish rps more like 17-19...?
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Two friends of mine are running the TM High Cycle Aug and what an awesome piece of kit.

In all honesty it's not so great on single shot but fully automatic the rate of fire is far beyond anything else I've seen from factory!

Build quality is great - they've had no problems except for the front RIS section being slightly wobbly, but that can be tightened via one screw.

All round, incredible!
        TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

I have a AUG high cycle, I bought it as a CQB gun but now gets used solely for woodland. Lovely gun, full auto is awesome for slicing through the ferns, semi is a bit of an anti climax though. It's fairly accurate, range is perfectly adequate for woodland and I don't notice the fact its only knocking out 280 fps. On full auto it sounds very savage, on semi it's dead silent - some people like that. I run mid caps in my marui recoil, I had to revert back to the dark side on the AUG and run hi caps, you can empty 330 rounds very quickly and it's hard to be disciplined and stay off full auto.

I've had a lot of aeg's over the years, I fell in love with my marui recoil and have had that 3 years, it will never get sold. The AUG hi cycle is going the same way. If you hang on a few months you may be able to get your hands on the mp5k hi cycle if that's your sort of thing.

Comment

I literally am in love with the AUG HC. when running a 7.4 2200 50c burst lipo it emptied the 330 round mag in seconds.. epic fun

i think the main reason i love it so much is to piss off the 'elitists' who hate high caps and love single shot - they can bore off. I bought the gun to have fun and it makes me smile EVERYTIME.

I'd have TM over G&G anyday - regardless of price

Comment

Keyboard fine and caps ok too!

Thanks for your replies everyone- some great info!

Seems the tm has the edge over the g&g??? Does the high cycle have any other mods, tight bore etc or have they just focused on rof?

Keep your answers coming everyone.

Smudger
              Last edited by smudger; 5 February, 2013, 11:54.

Comment

13 -1 gear set

SKU TM-AEG-AUG-HC
                Item Weight (gram) 2600
                Major Color Black
                Length 615mm
                Barrel Length ~270mm
                Hop-up Adjustable
                Shooting Mode Semi/Fully Automatic
                Gearbox Type 2
                AEG Motor High Torque EG3000 Motor
                AEG Power Source 8.4V
                Fit Battery Pack Mini / Handguard (Nickel / Li-Po)
                Barrel Thread Type Counter-Clockwise
                Barrel Thread Diameter 14mm
                Magazine Capacity 500 Rounds
                Bullet Type 6mm BB
                Power (Muzzle Velocity) 280 FPS
                Auto Firing Rate 1200 ~ 1500 Rounds per Minute

I use an 8.4NimH at present but 7.4 Lipo is better
                I have asked a few places regarding 6.03 tightbores or spring changes but most places say to leave it 'as is' for that superb TM reliability

Comment

I've seen a few online video reviews of the tm aug and have yet another question- yes i know, boring!

The trigger is what worries me, it seems as if it has a 'half way' point that will fire it on semi and the fully pressed full auto (please correct me if im wrong?) now for what i've seen on full auto and pressing the trigger it will fire a single shot as its pressed then a slight pause then open up on auto?

Is this the case and if so does anyone find it annoying having to 'wait' for that mass of bbs to unload?

Smudger

Comment

What you say is true - 2 stage trigger. To be honest mate you don't notice it going through the semi stage of the trigger. Pull it all the way in and it instantly goes full auto, there is no delay as it moves through semi. Not annoying or dodgy in any way.

Also with regards upgrades, I wouldn't go near the gearbox, it's fine as is. I run mine in a 7.4v 35c lipo and it's been fine. All I've done is fit a tight bore, 6.03 madbull black python and depending on the chrono I've seen around a 20fps increase. Weird thing to note is the standard inner barrel only runs about 3/4 of the way up the outer barrel so I bought a longer than standard one. I can't really comment on how the barrel as changed the accuracy, I haven't paid it much attention, the gun sprays, that's all I ask for from it.

Comment

@Mafu... Was the tightbore a worthwhile purchase?

As for the trigger - if you have the selector on full auto, you don't notice the 2 stage trigger as you are too busy smiling whilst a hail of BB's head towards your opponent :D

Comment

Ok guys, you.ve all convinced me to buy a high cycle

so an aug or g36 sas????

And if im honest the high cycle would be my prefered option as i do like tm's

mafu- does the tight bore seem to make the bbs go further due to the increase in fps??

Comment

The FPS increase from a tight bore on a high cycle has pretty much no impact on range. The range is good as it is due to the brilliant hop unit.

Get a nice MX6 torch/laser combo on it and you are rocking a little beast for every occasion! I run an 8.4v 2200mah batt in mine simply as I'm too tight to swap over to lipos in my AEGs!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

The tightbore was worth it for the fps increase just to push it above 300 fps. I haven't noticed any increase in range and/or accuracy but I haven't conducted and tests, like thepope says - tm hop is so good range is superb as standard.

Comment

That looks the bollox!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

smudger Find out more about smudger
                              Working...
                              X