Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear required for Milsim?

Hi

I currently play "normal" games at the weekend but have been interested by milsom games. (Urban Assault is near me)

I currently use:

G&G combat machine M4
    -4 hi caps
    KJW P226
    -1 mag
    US LC2 webbing
    - 2x double mag pouch
    -water bottle
    -small utility pouch (I use for a 2nd battery)
    Belt mounted holster with double pistol mag pouch
    2x 8.4 1500ish mini minh batts.

webtex camelback
    dpms

Obviously I would need mid caps.
    P mags seem to be decent but I like the traditional M4 mag look and 75rd isn't much, considering MAG mags hold 100+

How many midcaps would you recommend for a days play (with refills) ?
    How many batteries?

Basically I'm asking what should I add to my gear to make it Milsim ready?
    Do guys care about realistic emulation loadouts or a no theme loadout etc?

Re: Gear required for Milsim?

Depends on how milsim you go - you may be required to wear IRR spec kit, a specific cam pattern, carry nothing but real cap mags and crawl or move tactically everywhere.

Alternatively you may go for "film sim" - mid caps, mag limit and less rigid camo - such as woodland camo for one team and multicam/mtp for the other.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I don't have the budget for the 1st option so I suppose I'd be going for "film sim"
      How about load carrying, would a daysack be necessary?

Comment

Milsim depends totally upon the site and whoever is organising the event. So you really need to find an event first and have a look at the specific limits for it.
        Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

My son and I play FilmSim's with GMA at Tuddenham and I believe GMA at Norwich do them also. Great fun, good story lines etc. Wouldn't need a daysack for that. I use a plate carrier 4 mid caps, pistol and three mags and a couple of grenades for each game.

Comment

Food? Milsim games i go to dont have a lunch break so your out all day and have to carry everything you need on you. Mags, food, water and anything else specific to the location and game type.
            For Sale
            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

As Bigshep stated above, your best bet is to enquire with the event organiser as each event will have differing rules etc.

I played F&O's Thunder Ranch (Eversley) milsim on Saturday. There were no specific team camo/colour rules. My team consisted of my squad (there are five of us).

My kit consisted of the following:

-Clothes (Leather jacket, OD fleece and T-shirts, Non-specific temperate woodland camo trousers, black boots), black beanie hat, fingerless gloves and boots
              -Belt order (US Army Pistol Belt and Yolk, 2 x French Army pouches (which carried 2 mags each plus my radio, food, and had plenty of room to spare for maps, compasses etc etc), Water bottle and pouch, plastic training knife
              -Rifle & 4 Mags (total 600 rounds)

That was more than adequate for my needs, and because it was a milsim, and bercause there were a maximum of 14 players on site, I actually only used 300 rounds the entire day. Game rules stipulated that we were allowed only 600 rounds on us at a time.

It was a maximum of 2°c all day, plus we were playing in a massive woodland area, so I made the decision that a pistol (and it's various attachments and accessories) was an all-but-useless extra weight. I'd advise you to think carefully if you're likely to need it.

Expect to have to make your own time to cook and eat, rest, answer nature's calls etc. You may have a harbour area to which you can return as necessary. My advice is to have a daysack kept here, with your main meal (and the means to cook it with, if required), extra water, spare battery, ammo, poncho/basha, multi-tool and any spares you may need. Obviously if you don't have a harbour area, you'll have to keep this all on your back.

I'm not as young, agile and enthusiastic as many of my counterparts, so if I'm required to go charging through the woods, I'd rather do it with the minimum of extra weight hanging off of me. My advice is to ask the organiser, and then any of the regular players at your site, and observe what they take. You'll learn fairly quickly for next time what you do and don't need.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FearlessFred Find out more about FearlessFred
              Working...
              X