Best matte varnish after spray job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best matte varnish after spray job?

Hi guys, recently got my hands on some Humbrol Dark Earth spray paint so I sprayed some bits on my M4 and it came out great! Only problem is seeing as Humbrol is a paint meant for models etc, I was worried that it would scratch easily so I thought some matte varnish might seal it and keep the scratches at bay.

What has worked for you guys?

Thanks
    Archer
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: Best matte varnish after spray job?

It will look better as it wears.

What code is the paint? I may get some to try a multicam look
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

ONLY use the humbrol matte varnish, trust me, I used humbrol bess brown to spray my pulse rifle, (a paint colour not made for oooh, 10 years?) then proceeded to use a different brand of varnish and it reacted and bubbled up, completely lifting the paint clean off the gun... thankfully I only sprayed on a little test piece!

Its No 29 Elzero

Comment

Games Workshop Matt varnish purity seal. (or Whatever its called these days)
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

you can't, the paint is enamel, the varnish is acrylic, they will react

Comment

Do not use games workshop purity seal, it is specifically forulated for thier model figures, as is thier paint.

http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog...-85ml-MMMS1960

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/inde...roduct_id=3302

I have linked to model master spray enamel clear coat in matt, although if you really want the best finish you should get yourself an airbrush and mix it to your own consistency.

The second link is Testors dullcote which up until recently you could not get in the UK, it is regarded as the best matt spray varnish.

In fairness though enamel paint is relatively hard wearing and will probably chip scratch at the same rate as the rest of your guns paint.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
            Working...
            X