WE Pistols.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Pistols.

First off I'm sorry if this is a common question or wander, but I did a search and could not find exactly what I was looking for.
    It's just a basic WE pistol wander.
    To start, I hear constant bad things about WE pistols so I have to ask, are they any good?
    I'm seriously considering getting a WE 1911, specifically the Nighthawk or a government issue 1911.
    Does anyone have anything good or bad to say either about the choices above, or general WE pistols.

Re: WE Pistols.

The new WE pistols are the best on the market in my eyes. I had a TM sig prior to getting my WE sig, and I've pretty much fallen for the WE sig, so much nicer, full metal and better gas consumption believe it or not!
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

WE 1911s are absolutely awful in my experience. The paint scratches off them incredibly easy, leaving a 5 year old looking gun that's only one skirmish old. Plus the mags only hold 15 ish rounds.

Get a TM the most reliable and generally beat pistols, or KJW if you want a metal 1911.

Just my opinion.
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

The new WEs are nice, but the 1911s are old and I would personally avoid them. They are not TM compatible (mostly), which will bug you in the future when it breaks, and the finishing just isn't as good as on the newer models.

Comment

WE 1911 is terrabad, you have to be living on the surface of the sun to use it without venting and freezing etc, dunno why but it really was a fail on their part

I had A KSC system 7 1911 with the alloy slide jobby and that was great, would perform in the cold very well.

New WE pistolas i cant comment on but people are loving em, especially the sigs etc

Comment

Thanks all, especially for the quick replies. :p
            So basically you think I go for a TM one?
            I already have a TM Glock 17 so I know they are pretty good, also previously had a KWA PTP Glock 19 and I know TM and KWA are pretty good but fancy a change from Glock. :p

Comment

I got a WE M&P Compact, and I'm still impressed by its build quality. Not incredible performance, and paint still wears off a few parts (rear sight and takedown lever), but the powdercoat/anodizing on the slide is really clean and the plastic is great too. I did manage to break the loading nozzle, but WE are sending a new one. The SIGs are also nice.As for 1911s, I would say TM if you can put up with the plastic, otherwise KJW. I don't like the KWA ones personally.

Comment

Okay, had a little look around and would love some opinions on a list of pistols.
                First up is the G&G CO2 Xtreme .45 from Zeroone.
                Second is the variety of Cyma electric pistols, including the government issue 1911, Desert Eagle and Glock 18.
                The Dan Wesson 8 Inch CO2 revolver.
                And my personal favorite, the Socom Gear Punisher Custom .45.
                Thanks in advance for any tips or opinions. :p

Comment

Hi mate

I have a WE 1911, same as this

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1889

Other than some rattle of the slide, i really cant fault it.

Comment

Their old stuff is pap. End of.

Their new stuff is proving to be really good. Ive just taken stock of a WE XDM compact and I love it.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Any if the newer breed of WE pistols is top notch. I'm upto 9 of them I think including the M&P's, a couple of SIG's, a glock, a PX4, an XDM and an XDM compact all are brilliant guns.

Comment

I've got one of the 'old' WE 1911's (bought it as soon as they came out) and its still my most reliable pistol . Externally looks old and battered ( for me the way they should ) . I clean and re-lube it after every scurmishing I use it at , as to mags venting in the cold , I rotate them through my trouser pocket and don't spam the trigger and there fine .
                        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Socom Gear is rebranded WE, so stay the hell away!

the KWA Mark series are brilliant, never fail to work and i saw a review on here of a mag in the poxy fridge and the thing still fired and fired well.

If you want plastic, TM will win the day, metal, KWA any day of the week. Or you could pay out and get a metal bodied TM 1911

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

If you're only after a 1911, be prepared to be very reserved with your shots. Even with a TM 1911.

Personally I would speak with a man who runs a shooting centre for the elite, and see what he would charge to build a hi capa lower with a 1911 upper. Looks and decent workings all rolled into 1.

It was me who did the review of the kwa PTP, and whilst it was a great gun, it still fell foul in the cold. My series 70 did as well, but just about worked. If you want a gun that actually works 'well' in the winter you're really looking at a hi capa or Glock.

I don't consider the gun only just being able to load a round when firing in the cold to be working!

Comment

i had a TM 5 - 7 which on a day in Dec would fire a full mag, 15-20 shoots ( depending on how much time i spend loading them / if i was being a spastic ) i also had a we 1911 which managed to get of a consistent 4 shoots..... this was with strong gas also. go tm 5-7 if you can they are beautiful !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AndThatStuff Part time Airsofter getting back into things. Find out more about AndThatStuff
                              Working...
                              X