Ess advancer googles help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ess advancer googles help??

Didn't know where to post but anyhow feel free to slap me..

Bought some replacement lenses for my advancer v12 googles.. Great, but found out you have two types of advancer googles after purchasing, Ones with an E shape latch and one with an F shape for the lenses! That's how It was explained to me I bought off eBay so can't take them back.. But to be fair I'd rather buy a better frame or just get the Etype frame

Anyone know what they are called.. I purchased yellow and clear lenses off eBay with the E shape latch and don't have any frame for my googles?? Maybe it's a version 2?? But I'm confused as my lenses had the same serial number on and everything even the writing is the same with the ESS and v12 logo

Any help??
    And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Re: Ess advancer googles help??

Have you got a picture of your frames/lenses? I have a pair of V12s, as far as I'm aware there's only one type of lenses - certainly when I bought a replacement set, I just purchased via surplus and they popped straight in. Is it the inner catch (the part that connects to the nose bridge) that isn't shaped correctly? Or another part?

Comment

Never heard of this before.

Maybe contact ESS direct?

Comment

they could be clones,ive never heard of this before
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Not sure if my photos up.. it's the bit at the end.. you click the noose part into place then the bit at the back clicks..

The problem I'm having is connecting the noose part to?? Do you really have to ram it into place??

(Edit) can't see my photo I tried to upload using ipad but well..
          And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

I found they need a *fair* amount of force to get the lenses in. To put them back in make sure the vents are open (you'd have to open them to get the lenses out), put the outer clip in first, then squeeze the middle section to pop that in, then finally clip the nose section into place.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - who said they had different clips? The ebay seller who sold you the lenses?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Commandoo - I've PM'd you a fitting guide, unsure on posting the link up here

Comment

See the fullsize version at: http://s1297.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share photo here you can see both are different

Edit..

I wanted some lenses off a different seller so I pmed asking if they was new.. They replied the day I got my other lenses saying

" No these are Brand New, not used. please note before buying ensure the fittings are the same as the one in the picture. The bit the fits/clicks into the goggle on ours are a solid E shape, if you have the older style which is a Broken F shape these will not fit"
              Last edited by Commandoo; 6 February, 2013, 14:47.

Comment

never seenthose before and ive seen literally hundreds of the things tbh i think your entitled a refund aslong as you return them unused

Comment

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Yep they made two versions of the advancers - the ones issued to the british military and a slightly different version with grey outriggers(attaching strap to frame). ESS have discontinued the model due to frames snapping down the middle, so i doubt they would be much help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Commandoo Typical lad, gym, work, fashion, music Find out more about Commandoo
                    Working...
                    X