Quiet yet snappy motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet yet snappy motor?

hellooo, long time since i posted an advice thread haha, but anyhoo...
    im after a motor that has a reasonable bit of kick (im a semi auto blokey) but is on the quiet side, (im more for quiet right now haha) for two reasons, one the SHS HT is crazy loud and at the mall a while back a guy was using an FN2000 and it was silent from a few feet away.
    any ideas and or tips?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

I have an Element ultra torque motor in my M4, very quiet and snappy, could be due to the ASCU in it... But it is still a nice motor with the set up I have.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: Quiet yet snappy motor?

well i dont see that the ACSU would make it quieter. im intending to get an APS UAR (no idea which GB ver it is so an ACSU might not be possible) and make it into a ninja gun :P

Comment

A MOSFET unit would make its response faster, so it'll make the same amount of noise, but in a smaller time-frame.

Comment

Hey Johnny.
          The FN2000 is VERY quiet due to it's construction!
          Like most, I use an SHS Hi Torque. Rather snappy, and quiter than most.

Comment

well if the SHS is quieter than most im screwed :P as mine isnt (in my opinion)

Comment

please correct me if i am wrong, but some grips make a differance, at my local airsoft shop they were saying for example magpul grips make the moter louder.

may be untrue but its what ive been told.

Comment

yeah well some grips are thicker ect, my PSG one is huge :P

Comment

The F2000 is quiet because it has such a thick and robust body construction that deadens the noise. As to motors, I've heard that the TM EG700 and EG1000 are very quiet

Comment

tm eg1000 plus miad on my KAC PDW is quiet as hell and snappy with an 11.1v.
                    Originally posted by tackle
                    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Hmm. Maybe I need some tuning then. On my TM MP5 SD6, an EG1000 seems louder than the original EG560.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                      Working...
                      X