Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie to add to the ranks!

Hey guys!

I've been a "Member" (I say that because I've been signed up for a while, yet never actually posted) for a while now, but thought it high time to say a quick hello to everyone

I used to play regularly at my local site, back in around 2006 ish, and back then was only a youngen - Didn't have much money to play with, therefor not having much kit. I used to roll with a TM G36C, ONE lo-cap mag and a speedloader! - Aaaah the good times!

I stopped playing around the time the VCRA act and UKARA came to pass and thought I'd treat myself to an M4 (JG) - Great little bit of kit, upgraded spring (M100), didn't touch the gearbox, barrel or hop-up etc - It fired a million times quicker than the G36 though!

Shortly after, I got an engineering apprenticeship, and had to move away for 18 months - Because of which, I was amazingly busy - I totally forgot about airsoft, and it soon became gathering dust. I decided to sell the JG M4 to a mate that also plays at my regular site, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of my beloved (albeit underpowered G36).

So, It's now time I began playing again!

I've just bought myself an ICS L85/Sa80a2 - I fooking love it! (Oh yeah, I'm left handed - And this being a right handed gun, this'll be fun! - Time to learn to shoot right handed I guess )

Only upgrade I intend on doing is a SUSAT scope (Does anyone have any recommendations please?) as it's got adjustable FPS, and on it's lower limit, Should be pushing around 330-340 fps, which is the limit for my local site.

I've just bought myself all new Digital Woodland (Marpat) Camo, new boots, vest - The works!

Going with a few mates from work (Who I've only just realised, play at that site regularly) on Sunday! Here's Hoping I remember how to shoot.

PS, sorry about the essay!

Re: Another Newbie to add to the ranks!

I'll recommend an optic to you, if you can get the right mount, go for an RMR ACOG, 4x magnification, plus a built-in Doctor red dot sight for those 'up close and personal' moments, and fit a killflash to it, I have a regular 4x ACOG with a killflash fitted, and it has saved the lens from being shot out numerous times!!
    Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Cheers mate, I'll keep my eye open. I also believe that the british forces are moving from susat to Acog shortly anyway?

Comment

I think they are, or they might only be using them while deployed in Afghanistan, can't remember though.

They may have acquired them as an UOR (Urgent Operational Requirement) as well.
        Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bassline_Toad Find out more about Bassline_Toad
        Working...
        X