How good are G&P AEGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are G&P AEGs

Hi Guys, looking to get a fairly high end AEG (300ish for the gun alone) and i was wondering if G&Ps are any good.
    I have heard mixed stories about these, so I'm looking for you guys opinions on these, in particular the MRP and Cracker in comparison to other brands like the G&G toptech line that I have used.
    Is there anything I need to do to these straight out of the box to make them work reliably?
    "They've got us surrounded again the poor bastards"
    sigpic

Re: How good are G&P AEGs

Nice externals. Nothing to spectacular inside, but overall they're good. Never found their hops to be amazing though, I guess that would be something I'd swap out.

Comment

Hi Chas
      Ive recently brought myself a G&P M4 MAGPUL MOE
      After after owning lots of TM, ICS, JG, Classic Army, Dboys, etc I must say I love the way these are put together.
      You can tell the moment you pick one up you have a quality tool in your hands.
      The build quality is fantastic.
      After stripping it apart and putting it back together you can really seem why these guns cost around £300-£400 as opposed to a £150 acm gun.
      The range and accuracy of the M4 is amazing and the sound you get is quite unique.
      Best thing I can advise is to find your local shop and see if they have a test area/range to go and try one- You wont be disappointed.

Regards

Gaz

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, whats compatibility like with these?
        sigpic

Comment

ive only ever had bad times with G&P and only good times with G&G so i would stick to G&G in terms of value for money and performance. That said there are plenty of people out there who have had good experiences with G&P. Gaz has already given the best bit of advice though, see if you can try some first.

Comment

It seems most of the problems people have had with these have been gearbox related, would it be fair to say that if I put a good gb in there (as I am looking to spend the money anyway) that this would solve most of the issues? I would like to use one of these as the base for a custom gun as they have really nice externals from the ones I have used (in comparison to the G&Gs), so what upgrades would be the first to put in (besides a good shim job)
            sigpic

Comment

mine had a pretty much non functioning hop and kept shredding piston teeth, And the G&P mag it came with didnt feed properly. Externally it was beautiful. I think a hop change is the usual first port of call. Specifically what gun or range of guns are you looking at bud?

Comment

i am looking mainly at the mrp and the defender atm, am I right in thinking that they both use standard m4 hops?
                sigpic

Comment

I had an MRP it would be about my 10-12 G&P rifle. All of them have been nothing but amazing. I ind the hop unit is fine if I switch the hop rubber for a guarder 50deg one. After that its shooty shooty fun all day long

On the other hand. G&G has been nothing but pain for me and some of my mates. I would rather piss in my own beer and drink it than buy a G&G rifle again. Ever. Period.

Comment

Looks like I'm just going to have to buy one and find out for myself then I have been happily using G&G toptech etc and have not had any problems yet, but will start looking into getting one of these now.
                    thanks for all the advice,
                    chas
                    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps I may be able to help here, I have a G&P M16A3, and I haven't had to even touch the internals, plus it is providing a rather nice balance of torque and speed/rate of fire, and not a single problem to report, all I have done to it, is removed the M203 that came with it, and fitted a standard handguard.

As for FPS on a .20g BB, it's punching them out at 370, the now-legal full auto limit at my regular site.

As for range, 40-50 metres+ easily.
                      Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

I have a G&P L119 with two uppers of different lengths. Externally they are great, internally nothing specatular, but solid.

I haven't had any issues with the GB, but RoF and trigger response is average, no better, although it ticks over solidly and has done for a year or so. I thought their inner barrel was abit meh, so swapped those for a Vanaras and a Prommy, which gives excellent performance combined with G&P and Systema hop units and TM buckings. The G&P hop unit needs abit more maintenance than the Systema for some reason, but that could just be a pecularity of the particular one - but it occasionally seems to drop off and needs taking apart and putting back together and then it works fine. More than happy with it, it's a lovely bit of gear, and would have no qualms about getting abother. I would however work a TB/Hop into the longterm budget.

Comment

Ive yet to use a good standard G&P. Even a fully upgraded one (using the C8 body ect) mostly SHS. Its not really any better than any other gun. And the hop units are made of some sort of grey cheese
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I loved my G&G Gr25 never let me down and its the only gun i regret selling

Comment

b16jus, my G&G rifles had/have never let me down and out of the 5 of them, none of them cost more than £275 (3 top tech and 2 combat machine) I also recommended that 2 friends get top techs and they to have never had trouble and have been set up and good to go straight out the box. The reason i was so annoyed with the G&P is it cost me over £340 (m16vn) and for that i would expect it to be a relieable solid performer out the box and i certainly didnt expect to have to start changing parts on it. I would say i probably got a lemon but the xm177 that was bought with it at the same time also had feeding issues straightaway. It has just left a sour taste in my mouth and i wouldnt spend the money on another G&P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chas Find out more about Chas
                              Working...
                              X