CA M15A4 RIS Sportline help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M15A4 RIS Sportline help?

OK, so im looking at getting another M4, I just love using them! Common i know but oh well.. Have a limited budget looking at around 200 ish, but would like to have some left for upgrades etc... Am looking at getting a CA M15A4 Sportline from the armoury of wolves in London for £129.99 inc battery etc.

My question is what's the main difference between the Sportline and the standard version? Is it just that the standard version has a metal body (if so would I need a new hop to make it have a metal body? have heard you dont?) or are the internal parts also of poorer quality?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys :D

Re: CA M15A4 RIS Sportline help?

Cheaper internals (poor in my experience) + Plastic Body

Comment

iv got one and there alright but from what i can tell the internals are quite bad
      Originally posted by parky
      If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

ive got one as well. they come with cheaper internals like plastic Bushings, gears etc and a plastic body but if you after upgrading anyway they will be fine
        Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
        SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
        Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Comment

I got the RIS sportline after talking to "Ratty" on here. From what i can tell, externaly its just the plastic body that differs in quality,however the internals are a bit cheaper, BTW the gears are metal, just a lower quality than standard as is the motor and piston. I have so far put about 2000+ rounds through it, dropped it twice and not had any problems with it.

Hope this helps.

Shep

Comment

I own the rifle version, it has had about 4000-5000 rounds through it and showing no signs or wear.

No internal modifications, but will eventually replace the stock nylon bushings with metal ones and a new hop-up unit because its plastic and not very good as I have noticed, like everyone has said before me, the internals are cheaper, but still great quality - Battery not so good, I
            would personally buy another one. (After seeing jmusa's M4 died before lunch and afterwards).

I would invest a bit more money in the higher end models of CA, or even a Marui. Only thing I would advise with the gun, tighten up some screws holding the barrel to the upper receiver after a while you have it (1.5mm allen wrench does the trick.)

Overall, I'd recommend the gun if you have some knowledge on mechboxes, or head over to Mechbox.com to watch a tutorial on the take down of the V2 gearbox.
            Last edited by TheLazyMarksman; 26 January, 2010, 22:56. Reason: Spacing out paragraphs...

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
              Battery not so good, I
              would personally buy another one. (After seeing jmusa's M4 died before lunch and afterwards).
              yes but thatwas the batterys fault not the guns!!!
              If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

i would just save up and get the standard ca metal body as its going to cost more in the long run to buy a metal body and other parts in the future
                When in doubt call your self out

Team warhawks oxforshire squad

Comment

I didn't say it was the gun's fault at all ! :p - edit* referring to jmusa, not guy above.

Comment

fair dos however having used a tm ak i couldnt tell much difference between the sportline or the marui
                    however unsure about the arnmalites though

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

The ICS plastics have a much better rep than the CA sportline so consider those too if you are on a budget
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

i have one and they are crap for milsim but brill for just normal airsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Sup fool Find out more about Delta
                        Working...
                        X