Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Gas Pistol Mags please

Hi there,

I don't want this to be a 'what am the best mag' type post but I'm a bit stuck and everywhere I read I tend to find different answers.

I'm going to buy a TM P226 pistol and want to buy a few spare mags.

The question is, do i buy TM? or perhaps another make such as KJW.

I've read a few times that TM mags can be a bit iffy and spring leaks etc, whilst the KJW ones seem to be a higher quality/bit more bulletproof? Is this correct? And would they fit as well?

Any opinion wanted please, as well as other suggestions.

Cheers for your time.

Re: Advice on Gas Pistol Mags please

when it comes to pistols and anything pistol related i would go TM any and every time.

Comment

I own both a TM and a KJW P226, and whilst the general rule on all things gas pistol is generally 'TM is bestest,' I have to say that I've had far less trouble with my KJW P226 mags. It's been the TMs that have developed leaks and become all bitchy and specific about gas loading, whereas the KJWs have remained solid for years. Just from personal experience, if I was buying more P226 mags I'd take KJWs over TMs.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

TM pistols mags are still very good. Unfortunately, the sig mags have something of a design flaw whereby if you take them apart and reassemble them too many times the screw thread strips and the mag explodes when you gas it (friend actually had it happen to him).

Still the best though :P

The secret is just not to take the screw out. The BB track can be cleaned and the valve lubed without removing the screw so simply don't. If you keep the mag well maintained the seal at the bottom won't leak so you won't ever have to take apart fully.

Comment

I've owned my pair of tm sigp226 for 6 years there used very often ether games or back year targets I strip the guns and mags every year for a major service other that that I just spray silicon lube down the valves and along the feed spring after every use and never had any issues with leaks they work 100% every time

Comment

TM or KWA.
            Even using my KWA 226 for AIPSC :P
            All my friends KJW mags leak and even when working doesn't peform anything like the KWA in comparason.
            Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

TM!

Comment

You have that the wrong way round there.

KJW mags are the iffy ones, TM are the more reliable out of the two.

But both just as easy as each other to sort out if anything does go wrong.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses!

Especially to those who have the first hand experience! Still undecided... might get one of each or something.

I just don't know whether some people are saying TM because of their good reputation, but I have heard time and time again that TM mags for their P226 have problems whilst KJW seem to be a little tougher

Comment

As some people have mentioned, it can depend on a variety of factors. The two companies make their P226 magazines in a slightly different way to each other, and the style of each may or may not suit the way that you use, strip, clean, drop, etc. them, so it may just be trial and error to see what suits you.
                    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

TM P226E2 mags also have a larger gas reservoir over standard.
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I'm no fan of TM mate

I'd much rather a KJW P226 running on TM mags than the other way around.

Comment

I have a KJ 226, a WE 226 and a TM 226, with mags for each and the KJ ones don't like the cold, the WE ones are a complete waste of time and blow gas everywhere after half a mag is shot, the TM ones like to be warmed up a bit in the cold weather but they have never leaked, give consistent performance and generally feel better constructed.

Comment

I like the WE 226 Magazines, too bad I already had TM magazines so I'm not going to waste money on more magazines!
                            IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Cheers, for the replies guys!
                              Think i may just try one of each for a while and see which i prefer!
                              Something else for me to obsess over anyway :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wilkes 1875 Find out more about Wilkes 1875
                              Working...
                              X