Susat adjustment help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susat adjustment help.

Hey guys, I've recently bought a susat for my L85, and it's a top quality scope, love it to bits.

I was trying to zero it earlier, and I've got the left and right down, so its firing perfectly in receptacle, however, I was trying to adjust it vertically, and it would not have it. I've tried turning the knob on the rear (eye piece side) and can see it moves the sight up and down, which is ideal, but I can't quite get it enough. Its currently hitting just below the top of the arrow head, which isn't terrible, but it's not ideal.
    Nb, got no instructions with it, so everything up to now ia by searching.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Susat adjustment help.

Obviously your scope only has so much play regarding elevation and windage. You might need to resite the rail so its more in tune/line in the first place.

Basically you cant make the scope go any further than it can so you're going to have to adjust the mountings.

I had *almost* the same problem with my STAR l85a2 when i bought it around 2005/6 the windage had to be set to absolute maximum to get it centred and i was worried at one point that it wouldnt be enough but it was... *just*

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just wondering if you can do something to depress or elevate one side of the rail slightly, even if its just a *very* thing piece of plasticard under one end or the other and then screwing it back down?

Comment

Re: Susat adjustment help.

Just got a small bit of plastic (From a PTFE holder) and unscrewed the rail. I put the plastic under the rail, as to wedge up the rear quarter of the rail. Clamped everything back up and gave it a whirl... dead on!

Thanks very much for the advice mate, worked a treat!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bassline_Toad Find out more about Bassline_Toad
      Working...
      X