Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ICS Split Gearbox (MX5-P) - Which parts are custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Split Gearbox (MX5-P) - Which parts are custom?

Ok, clearly being MOSFET trigger based to support the 3 round burst (which works lovely once you sit down to tune the timings to the voltage of battery you are using), the whole trigger system is non-standard.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other parts I need to be aware of that are non-standard? Looks to be standard gears/piston/e.t.c. but I'm not an expert in these matters.

Anyone happen to know?

Re: ICS Split Gearbox (MX5-P) - Which parts are custom?

Ah the time I spent tuning that damn 3 round burst....good memories

As far as your question, Everything in the gearbox is standard parts and can be upgraded as normal. As to other bits that are custom, I believe the hop chamber is made for the MX5-P series only and bits of the fire selector assembly as well as the selectors themselves

You are able to attach different foregrips/handguards and stocks but the upper and lower receiver are both made for the MX5 series

I hope this helps

TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock/TM G18C AEP

Comment

Helps lovely thanks. I was aware of the Hop, but as it's a metal hop unit I'm hoping I shouldn't have any issues with it. I was more concerned with the gearbox anyway (not sure why, I won't have the money to upgrade it any time soon :p).

First things on the list are spring, barrel and hop upgrades to get it up from 300 to 350ish.
      Then handguard and red dot sight, followed by gas block laser (don't suppose you have one for sale from your box of memories?).

Not planning on having to upgrade gears or pistons any time soon.

Comment

Sorry mate. I dont own a MX5 anymore. My MS1 was one of my favourite guns. I sadly ended my love affair with MP5s a little while ago and I sold all my MP5 bits. My love lies with my TAR-21

TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock/TM G18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
        Working...
        X