Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new to forum/airsoft

Hello,

Im new to this, will be going on my first game soon ( as soon as closest one opens)

Am already thinking of what to get as my first gun!!

Am on a bit of a budget, as everyone is these days!!

I am thinking of getting:

TM Famas F2
    SRC m4a1
    JG M4 CQB

trying to find reviews/etc but hard to find ones where people are trying to sell them ( making them sound better than they are)

after time I will fit it out with:
    red dot
    tourch
    perhaps a scope of some kind

I am willing to buy a second hand one,so have been looking in the forums!

Im from SE England!!

so thought I would say hi, and introduce my self
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: Hello!! new to forum/airsodt saying hi/advice!

Welcome!
    What is your budget might I ask? I know that jg m4's are great started guns at around the price of £100.
    The tm Famas is a great gun, I loved it when I owned it it's just a little more that the JG.

I would also recommend the JG g36c as your first gun, a great gun out of the box and will serve you well as a beginner! And at £109 new at some places it's a great buy!
    Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

I started with a JG G36c and 6 months later I am still using it. I could afford to buy virtually any other gun I wanted but I can't find one I like!!
      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Hi Elzer0 and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps before you decide on what to buy go to a few games and try out different rental guns. So many times people buy something they think they want and when they get it it feels all wrong.

You'll also find that most guys at the games are friendly and can give you advice and some will even let you have a go with there guns .

My advice is don't rush into buying a gun until you have tried a few different ones and can then make the correct decision of what works and looks best for you.
        M4 S System
        MP7 GBB
        Sig P226 GBB
        M3 Shorty

Comment

Hello guys!!

The budget is upto about £200 mattering what come with the gun!

Im not to sure on the G36C, the sites seems a bit suspect! of course ill try and see how it goes

JG M4 for £100?? where would i get this from?? thats a lot cheaper than I am able to find!

The famas sounds very good, and wont need that much for it.. the one I have seen is £200, but has no battery.. so nce I bought a few bits this could be £250 +

Id rather pay a bit more now, than in 6 months be selling my gun and getting a better one!

My friend has a JG M4A1, seems very cool.. any info is always good!!

(going to look up this JG G36C now)

Also Im not 100% up to date on makes to steer towards/away from

Also is it better to buy a 2 tone, then spray it at a later date??

or wait for 3 games then buy a black one?? how much does paint stay to these?

Link removed
          Last edited by GadgetMaster; 2 February, 2010, 17:58. Reason: link removed
          FOR SALE

Comment

Definitely wait untill you have your Ukara number.

Two tone is the work of the devil!!!!!

:-D
            M4 S System
            MP7 GBB
            Sig P226 GBB
            M3 Shorty

Comment

wait for the UKARA. Some sites don't accept two toned guns or sprayed guns! borrow a gun from a friend or rent for 3 games, that way you can get the feel for the sport and get a nice black gun!

I was referring to some second hand prices i have seen on the forum for said JG m4.
              Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

ok!! will do!! leaning towards a JG M4 or a LG m4A1!

my friend has a LG M4A1! i was impressed, liked the adjustable stock!

from what i have heard it seems a all round gun that can take a lot of modifications!!

the only prob i have with it, was my mate had to have his battery outside of the gun.. he changed the rails?!?! on the front, so it doesnt fit in there!!

once i get a LG M4A1 is it worth investing in a new battery??? are the standard ones that come with it ok??
                FOR SALE

Comment

i had a jg m4 as my first gun....the motor burnt out after 2 months

you get what you pay for... so id be carefull what you go for. JG guns are ok for 'beginners' but they are crap quality compaired to top end guns..

so if you dont wana spend money in 6 months time buy a 'good' gun now. But like everyone else says rent or borrow for awile to get into the sport, plus in that time a 2nd hand gun mite pop up on the forums you like.

cheers
                  Neal

Comment

what re the beter makes to look out for??

as far as i can tell classic army and TM are good.. any others?
                    FOR SALE

Comment

Rent a few and get ukara , as for g36c nice gun

Comment

King arms, G&P, TM, Ares.....etc

Comment

Re: Hello, new to forum/airsoft

Hello.:D

Quick Ruff guide of the best first time buyer manufacturer's I would buy in this order from top to bottom. :D

Tokyo Marui.
                          Classic Army.
                          ICS Specifically the MP5 range.
                          G&G Specifically the M4 with Plastic bodies.
                          Jing Gong.
                          Cyma.

Makes to Avoid for your first gun.

JLS
                          Well
                          AGM
                          Ares
                          SRC
                          G&P

Don't spend to much, but don't spend less than £100. If you can get accessories, magazines battery's etc that you can swap onto other guns all well and good.

Don't be tempted by a Gas guns straight off the bat, And regardless of what anyone tells you, How much they insist they are right Or how long they have been playing the following three things are true for all new players.

1) If You like your gun then it's the right gun.
                          2) You do not need to upgrade your gun, power isn't everything.
                          3) Playing the game is more important than the gun you play with.

These opinions are mine and you are welcome to them...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                            Makes to Avoid for your first gun.

JLS
                            Well
                            AGM
                            Ares
                            SRC
                            G&P
                            What's your reasoning for this list, especially SRC?

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                              What's your reasoning for this list, especially SRC?
                              A first gun should fill three basic requirements.

1) It should function flawlessly.
                              2) It should be reasonably priced.
                              3) It should be backed by experienced players.

The first list contains Manufactures whom the majority of owners would recommend as a brand to anyone.

The second list contains Brands that are regularly questioned on this and other forums.

Neither list is exhaustive nor does it allow for the odd lemon. But for a new player who may not even have held an Airsoft gun yet, this list will make certain that they don't go to far wrong.

There are exceptions obviously. I had a JLS FN2000 that would shoot for miles but it was never a great gun and it is the last gun I would recommend to anyone. And as for SRC little is known about them in comparison to the first list therefore it would be unwise to recommend such a brand.

I have for instance not mentioned VFC, Widely regarded as having some of the best AEG's available but that does not necessarily make them a good first gun simply because of cost and the availability of some parts.

I will happily discuss the merits of any brand covering good and bad for any given circumstance, but for a new player who does not know what "we" know then my comment's stand.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                              Working...
                              X