Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Tm M4 SOPMOD recoil or Tm M4A1 SOCOM recoil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm M4 SOPMOD recoil or Tm M4A1 SOCOM recoil.

Im currently undecided between a Tm m4 SOPMOD or a Tm m4 socom.

I can find loads of info on the SOPMOD, but not so much info on the socom. I know the batteries are located in different places, but are there any other major differences?

I can find a lot of examples of sopmods in various classifieds as comparable guns, but virtually no socoms. Are they less popular?

Thanks

Re: Tm M4 SOPMOD recoil or Tm M4A1 SOCOM recoil.

There are very few differences. Basically the same gun except the sopmod as a quick change battery system located in the stock whereas the socom has a normal battery system located in the handguards. The only other differences are cosmetic. The sopmod has a ris rail and a crane stock as standard whereas the socom has original m4 handguards and an le stock (I think it's called).

The choice is yours on which one you want to go for. But as a gun they are the same. People may not say so on on the classifieds because people probably change the handguards for some sort of rail system and just label it as a sopmod I even if it started life as a socom. Hope that helps.

Comment

I have both and performance wise no difference at all , but as has been stated ; Sopmod quick change battery in the stock and socom Batt in the foregrip .
      Sopmod comes with a very nice RIS rail and a special to it cranestock and you then have to buy for what it is a ridiculously over priced and underpowered proprietary Battery (will need at least two to get a days scurmish out of it) .
      I've removed all the quick change gubbins from mine and replaced it with a deans connector so I can feed it on lipo's , plus I can use any battery stock I want .
      Socom , standard M4 plastic front furniture and a standard M4 stock . BUT big thing is it'll take any battery you can fit in a foregrip so no need to be robbed over crappy quick change batts !
      If I want to stick a RIS on my socom I either use a very thin cranstock lipo in the RIS or I run a PEQ Batt box on it and you can stick any stock you want on it .
      Hope this helps matey .
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Both the same thing. One front wired one rear wired as above with the TM battery. Which most will either replace with the E6 Lipo one ( now rare) or a Lipo connector as Druid refers to. Performance wise nothing between them.
        Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kev. Find out more about Kev.
        Working...
        X