Ares standard magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares standard magazines

What are the ares m16 and g36c standard magazines like as I want to go to a site which only allows them. I know they are plastic but they will probably only be used a couple of times.
    "Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Ares standard magazines

What do you mean "only allow"?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Your not allowed to use mid or high cap magazines
      "Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Are you sure, low caps are not really very popular. Is it milisim?

Comment

Well a site can't restrict you to a certain brand of magazines
          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Yeah but they are the cheapest I can find. As I probably won't use them again I dont want to spend £15 on singe mags.
            As for the restriction its in the rules on their site Combat s**th urban CQB page, bottom right

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry admins about my post above but it's the only way I can show the magazine rules to imp1864

Comment

They just mean no hi-caps I should imagine.

Never heard of a site not allowing mids.

Comment

quote from the site

Games at CSU will appeal more to the tactically aware player as ammunition limits are also enforced.

Only standard capacity magazines or less are allowed at CSU - No high capacity magazines to be used.

Comment

Yeah, that just means no hi-caps. Poor choice of language perhaps, but I seriously doubt they don't allow mid-caps.

Contact them if you want to be sure.

Comment

Reading that you're fine with mids and lows. Just no high caps

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                      Well a site can't restrict you to a certain brand of magazines
                      I never said anything about restrictions on brands. I just want to know if ares mags are good quality before I buy them

Comment

I know MAG mid-caps are pretty hard to beat.

In my AEGs I use the RG style L85 mid-cap magazines made by Star. They work very well and are nice and sturdy, but they're very expensive. If they're even available any more.

Edit: It seems they are, now sold under the Ares brand as with the rest of the Star stuff I guess.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2228

Still expensive, but I've got about 10 of them accumulated over the years and they all feed perfectly still.

Comment

Originally posted by fraservigrass View Post
                          What are the ares m16 and g36c standard magazines like as I want to go to a site which only allows them
                          Well that says different. Reading that it states the site only allows Ares mags.

And Ares aren't one of the best. I know people that have had issues

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fraservigrass Find out more about fraservigrass
                          Working...
                          X