aluminium anodising parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aluminium anodising parts

did a quick search as i was sure ive seen a few images before but couldn't find what i was after.

im looking at my next custom build and considering getting the parts anodised, so just wanted some info on it.

from what i have read on various companies, they just need to know the grade al aluminium, and thickness requirements.

anybody know what grade aluminium some airsoft manufacturers use? i know madbull use T6 for some of their receivers for example.

and has anybody had this sort of work done before, who could give me an idea of what they paid? what what condition the parts needed to be in?

cheers
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Re: aluminium anodising parts

I do know of one person who tried to get a supposedly aluminium receiver anodised recently. It didn't work out well. Frankly, airsoft manufacturers are quite good at bending the truth when talking about what materials they use, so I wouldnt risk anodising anything. Just get it Cerakoted instead

Comment

T6 is a heat treatment grade, the 4 digit number is the aluminium type (eg 2024, 7075, 6063 etc). Unless you know for a fact its a specific grade I wouldnt bother, you'd be better off getting it Cerakoted by someone like Riflecraft
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

fair enough, in which case, wtf is cerakoting? lol that gunna be the same sort of price range? required prep work?

Edit**

nvm, just found that thread from google (its the one i was thinking of originally turns out)
        For Sale!
        A&K massada sniper spec
        Chronograph

Comment

Anodising wont be too cheap, cerakoting isnt either! (But it looks bloody gorgeous, I'm pretty certain I saw phillbucknall's bronze m4gery at the british shooting show riflecraft stand, and it looks even better in the flesh)
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

also don't forget to allow for the extra thickness that anodizing adds the company i work at allows 4 microns for components

Comment

If I remember correctly a lot of supposedly ali airsoft suff has zinc in it which if you try to anodise it will just melt, leaving you with a large expensive steaming pile of poo.

Comment

think im gunna go with the cerakote, having seen the images on the other thread its the finnish i was after anyway.
                For Sale!
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph

Comment

I tried to have my WA reciever anodized.... It got anodized BUT as the metal was too pourous the black die didnt take i first tried hard type 2 in hot bath but it come out greyish browny colour and the metal was pitted quite badly, i wasnt happy so they tried again with a cooler bath came out a better grey colour but still not black so i painted it instead, its still protected as andodizing should but cast ali will never colour like high quality billet due to high silicone content. There are before and after pics buried in the m4 variant thread.
                  Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sir Stephen Find out more about Sir Stephen
                  Working...
                  X