avoiding hop up curve left or right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avoiding hop up curve left or right

hi all, just wondering what advice you all have for perfectly setting a hop so it dosen't curve the bb left or right on its flightpath i have a aw338 springer fireing around 450 on .2's.
    i am useing king arms .4 bb's 6.01 tb 80 degree silverback rubber and hexagon hop unit.
    i have tried looking down the barrel and trying to get the nub dead centre but it dosen't always work due to all the other variables with the l96 rifle platform. such as screwing in the mag release, sitting the hop unit in the outer barrel and screwing on the barrel assembly to the receiver any advice o nhow to perfectly set this up would be great as i spent all day sunday being slightly annoyed that my bb's were curving i will also add this wasn't due to the wind as it was also happening in doors it would always curve right after a while.

Re: avoiding hop up curve left or right

Might sound like a silly suggestion but just rotate the rifle when you're using it.
    If the first shot goes left then turn your rifle right a bit and it's solved. At least, that's how I did it when I did sniping/wanna-be sniping.
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

tried that mate thanks for the suggestion but its not practical when i'm trying to take a really accurate shot say if i see someone shooting through a small gap a good distance away.

Comment

Get some paper/card/thin plastic (poor mans shim steel) and shim the hell out of everything so it cant move away from vertical? It's how i fixed shots swerving from my m4, had to shim up the hop nub so it wasnt moving side to side
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The 6.01 barrel isnt helping either.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

might switch to a 6.03 actually as i know it does have a bad effect for some things, as for shimming i have it so nothing can move and the barrel actually is held in by screws to the hop unit so it cant rotate its just lineing up the whole thing that seems to be causing the bb to curve as you align one thing then the next will be out so you sort that then the next thing is out sort that....back to square one cause to original bit is out just must be a knack to it

Comment

You could try a simple method. We have had good results simply by jamming (gently!) a flatheaded screwdriver with a tapered blade into the end of the barrel and slightly rotating the handle.
              The taper is enough to grip the inside edge of the barrel where it is crowned without marking the brass. You only need to rotate a few degrees to correct side deflection.

Comment

adjust ur sights and shoot with a cant?
                Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

The best way to avoid it is patience, took me well over an hour to get happy with my hop unit on my R93. I shimmed the hop nub window with aluminium foil and used flexible silicone sealant to keep everything as tight as possible, left to dry, and then inserted into the hop unit. It's a one hit solution, and if you get it wrong you have to replace your hop rubber but get it right and it seals any possible air leaks and ensures the rubber doesn't move, ever!
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Its just a massive design flaw with a perfectly round barrel. Take the stock off, and there should be a little left/right play in the mag release move it into the right place and tighten the screw right up ( dont strip it though)
                    Swap the barrel for either a 6.05/.04 if possible for the best results.
                    It is a long and tedious process to perfecting a sniper rifle, but part of that is getting to know exactly what you can and cant hit ect ect
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

PDI hop unit? Has two arms for left and right adjustment so you should be able to adjust to suit
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                      X