Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Problem.

Okay so I've been an idiot..
    Went to watch the new Die Hard yesterday evening and I stuck my Well MP7 battery on charge and well... Kind of realized just short of 12 hours as apposed to the recommended 2.5 that it was still on charge..
    Now obviously it's buggered, among the natural mass hate that's bound to now come my way, anyone that can give me anyone tips on fixing it would be very much appreciated. :p

Re: Battery Problem.

Sorry for the bluntness mate, but its f**ked, get another one.
    President, Airsoft and Paintball society 2012-13
    University of Bradford
    [email protected]

Comment

Are you sure its buggered? Does your charger not have a cut off?

Comment

If it's bulging then dispose appropriately. Seems odd your charger doesn't have a cut-off system? What type of battery is it, standard NIMH?

Comment

Well thanks for being straight up.
          Yeah it's just a standard NiMH pistol AEP battery, it's just a bogstandard charger, just has the 2 pin plug and bit for the battery itself.
          Well it was still pretty warm so it hadn't been cut off and it was tested in my MP7 and nothing happened.

Comment

Id advise investing in a smart charger. I have a pro peak sigma. It can do a full discharge then charge in about 2 hours. Its also lipo compatible
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Replacement batteries are pretty cheap, and there are lipo alternatives. Are you sure its the battery though? Usually with the cheapo chargers the charge rate is such that any excess charge is 'bled' off as heat via the battery.

Try wiring a bulb across the contacts to see its it lights also check the fuse in the gun, under the top rail. Coincidences do happen.............

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AndThatStuff Part time Airsofter getting back into things. Find out more about AndThatStuff
              Working...
              X