M4 and M16 differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 and M16 differences?

Right then before you all jump on me saying 'if they want to sell it for that amount then they can' I get this point and understand. What I want to know is what is with the huge price shift?

I'm thinking of getting this....
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5774

From a few hours of trawling the classified sections I see that the prices vary hugely! From £100 to £700 and as a noob they look roughly the same bare the odd ACOG and M203 here and there.

Why the price difference? Is it make or something like that?

Re: M4 and M16 differences?

well that G&G is a combat machine from their range. its body is made from plastic, so its cheaper. the front sites on the combat machine m4's is part of the barrel for example, again to keep them cheap.
    the G&G top tech range however, have metal bodies, so cost more. the front site is a separate piece, against meaning its more expensive

with regards to other make, isnt that obviousness? why is it you can buy a vaxhaul corsa for £7k, and an astin martin for £160k? same reason, different components to different quality specs. better quality means higher price
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Anything from brand, materials, condition, accessories, aeg/gbb/ptw... many things can affect the price, as well as people living in their own little world, thinking their gun am bestest...

Comment

That's what I thought but I have been onto zero one and the one linked to is the one I picked up on Sunday and it felt nice and heavy, the main body, RIS and barrel seemed to be metal as well.

Comment

If it's that gun, it will be plastic, not the cheap stuff, but still plastic. They do have a good weight to them and feel solidly built for the price! The G&G GR15 is exactly the same rifle but with a Metal RIS; which is what I've got.

Comment

you may have picked up a GC16. everything looks the same (Exactly the same) yet metal.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Think I need to be patient then and go to the next woodland game and see it again. It was only £134.99 and it really felt like a full metal one.

If not I have just looked and the GC-16 is only £204.99 so not too pricey.

Comment

theres another retailer doing a clearance of Gen1 toptechs and all are under £200

Comment

After reading the reviews...

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5774

This might be the one for me without breaking my budget so I could get a sniper at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                    theres another retailer doing a clearance of Gen1 toptechs and all are under £200
                    There is no other retailer, only Zuul...
                    Upcoming Games:
                    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

there are other retailers, the rules say this. only we are not to say who they are O_O

Comment

Purely as a skirmishing tool, the 'plastic fantastics' can actually be a worthwhile option

See this excellent thread for more http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...97#post1138497
                        Originally posted by palmer234
                        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Thanks, ill have a look.

Comment

I would personally go for G&P when buying AEG's as a personal choice as they are built like a brick and the internals are the nuts and all now have the V2 8mm gearbox and they go on for ages. One thing that can be a bit hit or miss is the hop up. But you will pay a fair bit more for one as they are in my opinion far superior to G&G. I have had a few G&G M4's some time back and they don't come close.

Again in the price range your thinking off the G&G does seem a good deal but my mate bought one and has had many problems with his. That's only one that I know off though.

Next is TM and they are also very good with great range and accuracy but again more pricey than the G&G ones your looking at. What I would say is take your time and see if you can maybe have a go of a few at your local site and see what you like. Don't buy untill you can atleast have a hold and hopefully a try. You may wish you had waited to save the extra monies.

As said above in previous posts price comes down to both external and internal components and the quality of those. Plastic receivers and rails are obviously cheaper but IMO they look pants on an AEG and I love the added weight metal give.

Once you buy one gun you will need to start saving as your in no time at all be buying a fair few!!! Its an addiction lol
                            Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

I have the GR15, the electric blowback version of the same gun. Fantastic for the money. Main modification id recommend is a decent motor as the standard is a bit slow.
                              Upcoming Games:
                              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pidge Find out more about Pidge
                              Working...
                              X