M4 A1 Battery Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 A1 Battery Options

I'm getting an ICS M4A1 next week with a fixed stock and would eventually like to change it to an extendible stock and am wondering what battery options I have in terms of power longevity. I know I can either go for a stock battery, something like a crane stock, or what I'm thinking of is using an old 5.56 magazine I have from my army days and converting one into a battery housing and attaching it in a pouch to the stock. My question is though what sort of battery could I use for that, as I'm clueless about the battery's for the guns and what sort of game time would I get out of it. I've seen some lads at games before having to go back to the safe zone mid game to change out their battery, I'd really like to avoid that if possible!

I've got in ics m4 myself It read wired when I got her it have a crane stock with the battery it almost lasted all day but I decided to swap out to lipo batts so removed the crane stock and and added a standard m4 sliding stock and the lipo fits in the stock tube also had an old m16 but changed to rear stock to a sliding stock kept the rear wiring and bought a m4 mag pouch form the us ins ment to fit on stock to hold a mag but I used to stick a large batt the the bag never had any probs with any of them but when it come to batt choice what ever you think of will work iv seen people with the ics ready mag and and used that plus an empty hi mag to hold batts hope this help out

Comment

Re: M4 A1 Battery Options

Originally posted by madbaz View Post
      I've got in ics m4 myself It read wired when I got her it have a crane stock with the battery it almost lasted all day but I decided to swap out to lipo batts so removed the crane stock and and added a standard m4 sliding stock and the lipo fits in the stock tube also had an old m16 but changed to rear stock to a sliding stock kept the rear wiring and bought a m4 mag pouch form the us ins ment to fit on stock to hold a mag but I used to stick a large batt the the bag never had any probs with any of them but when it come to batt choice what ever you think of will work iv seen people with the ics ready mag and and used that plus an empty hi mag to hold batts hope this help out
      Cheers for the input. Another Idea I had was to customise an M203 and use that to house a large battery, but then if I'm going to do that I may as well use a fore stock battery I suppose. It's good to hear that some will fit in the stock tube. That sounds like a promising option and I suppose I can just get two batteries and swap out mid day.

Comment

There is a M203 on eBay at the moment that is designed to hold batteries

I run Lipo's in all my rifles and I get a full day at a skirmish site, some fun on the range after and still have a load left (don't ever remember having to change a Lipo after a full charge the night before!). Lipo is the way the go!

Comment

7.4v 20c lipo, will last you all day and more.

Comment

PEQ? front wire and use a battery box PEQ.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Iv 2 lipo batts I swap mine out at lunch just incase 1 starts to get low

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                PEQ? front wire and use a battery box PEQ.
                I'm not a fan of the front box's on the real M4's and don't really want to do that. If I can get it in the stock then that's perfect as it's already rear wired anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions lads, looks like I'll be getting some Lipo's.

Comment

Watch this space Mike, I just bought an M4A1 and its being shipped in the morning. I have a plan to fit a triple Lipo in the RIS so ill let you know when I figure out any work that needs to be done along with suppliers/part numbers needed to fit in there

Comment

I found a very good guide a while ago where someone had stripped out a high cap to fit a battery, then used it in a pouch on the stock. Can't find it now, but it looked good and was easy to do.

That said, my ICS M4s are both rear wired for stock tube lipos. If you look for 7.2v 20c 1300mah stock tube lipo batteries you should find them easy enough. That way you can use any stock you want! They will also fit under most RIS too, so you could go front wired, but if the gun is already rear wired it's a doddle to fit a stock tube. I also tend to charge 2 batteries and swap them over at lunchtime just in case I'm running one too low.

Comment

Originally posted by julesbloke View Post
                      I found a very good guide a while ago where someone had stripped out a high cap to fit a battery, then used it in a pouch on the stock. Can't find it now, but it looked good and was easy to do.

That said, my ICS M4s are both rear wired for stock tube lipos. If you look for 7.2v 20c 1300mah stock tube lipo batteries you should find them easy enough. That way you can use any stock you want! They will also fit under most RIS too, so you could go front wired, but if the gun is already rear wired it's a doddle to fit a stock tube. I also tend to charge 2 batteries and swap them over at lunchtime just in case I'm running one too low.
                      Thanks for the input. I think I'm definitely going to go the stock route. Although I do quite fancy modifying one of my real steal (is that was you guys call it?) HK 5.56 magazines. But to start with I think I'll just get the stock lipos.

Comment

real steel is what some of us call it, real deal is what others call it :P

Another vote for a stock tube lipo, you'll be able to fit a 1450mah 20c 7.4V lipo in there no problem, and if your careful (and charge at lunch) it should get you most of the way through a day - as it is I use two as my guns are upgraded and power hungry.
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mikep81 Find out more about Mikep81
                        Working...
                        X