Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul mbus + G&G cm16

I'm looking at getting a pair of mbus sights for my combat machine,
    However my concern is the front sight which I think is permanently fixed to the barrel?
    I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to use the mbus system and the fixed standard m4 front sight? (All three at the same time)

Would you advise me to somehow remove the front sight?

Re: Magpul mbus + G&G cm16

If the A-frame is permanent, you'll need a new outer barrel.

My suggestion: Copy what thousands of experienced RS shooters do with their ARs. Just buy the MBUS rear.

It'd definitely be silly to put the front BUIS on there with the standard gas block/front sight still attached.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Thanks for verifying that for me.it would be a bit pointless

Can you buy the rears separately?

Comment

Yes you can.

Comment

Also, a genuine Magpul rear MBUIS will cost you something that will make your eyes water, they aren't cheap! The clones are much cheaper, and, so far as looks and function go, they are the same. Its not going to be affected by the recoil so holding a zero shouldn't be an issue.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I know! Found a couple of clones on the bay. Although I'm not a fan of fakes. I can't see how they can differ that much.

Cheers for the replies

Comment

You can opt for removing the front sight via a dremel. It's what I may do if the telescopic sights i have dont clear the iron sight...
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
                You can opt for removing the front sight via a dremel. It's what I may do if the telescopic sights i have dont clear the iron sight...
                I did consider either sawing it off but still undecided. If you go ahead with doing it let me know how it turns out

Comment

The only problem you might have with the clones is that they are non adjustable. "Big deal, it's airsoft" you say - well i co-witnessed my red dot with a set of cheap MBUS, and both were aiming about 1m low at 15 metres - which is pretty damn bad.
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                  Working...
                  X