Batteries in the RIS on a Dboys M4A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries in the RIS on a Dboys M4A1?

As title, I'm thinking of buying one and want the battery hidden instead of using a PAQ box or is there anywhere else I can hide it?

Re: Batteries in the RIS on a Dboys M4A1?

For best results:
    Get it rear wired to a LiPo stock tube battery
    h e y d r i c h
    L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Cool, do you know where I can get one from?

Comment

You can get small split cell lipos under ris units there's a shop for components that sells them in 7.4v flavor.

Comment

Hahahaha, I have just been looking on said shop of bits.

I'm thinking that a 11.1V 2600mAh Cranestock battery will fit. I'm just getting the dimensions of inside the RIS with clearances and things. Ill let you know if it fits or which one I go for so others can get one if they want the same thing.

Comment

You might kill the DBOYS gearbox with an 11.1, they arent built with lipos in mind
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've seen it done under an HK416 RIS with some minor modding - filing a bit of the outer barrel to make room etc - then taping it into position. You should be OK if you go for smaller sized batteries!

Comment

Haven't I seen posted before that there could be a problem with having batteries sitting on a metal surface inside of a RIS and that it needs wrapping or something?

Comment

that 11.1 2600mAh you are looking at is a big battery. (had one in my dmr), i really dont think it would fit inside a RIS unless it was an S-System front.
                  the 7.4 1300mAh crane stock lipo however, is mush skinnier so you would have a much easier time trying to get that in.
                  For Sale!
                  TM M870 with a load of stuff
                  A&K massada sniper spec
                  Chronograph
                  leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by GhostWolf View Post
                    Haven't I seen posted before that there could be a problem with having batteries sitting on a metal surface inside of a RIS and that it needs wrapping or something?
                    I run lipos in contact with metal parts all the time and have never had any problems. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you.
                    sigpic

Comment

I rock the 7.2v 1300mah in my TM socom with the standard TM Sopmod RIS.
                      Its a perfect fit, being a split cell it sits either side of the outer barrel. I love it...

Ben
                      "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

I'm going to take off the thick heat shrink around the Lipo then reseal with Kapton tape (super strong heat resistant tape used already inside the wrapping) and cut away a little of the RIS support so I can squeeze it in.

I have measured it and there is 12mm of battery to fit in an 11mm gap so it should go in nicely.

Rest assured I have been working with Lipo's for a while and know what happens if you mistreat them!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to take off the thick heat shrink around the Lipo then reseal with Kapton tape (super strong heat resistant tape used already inside the wrapping) and cut away a little of the RIS support so I can squeeze it in.

I have measured it and there is 12mm of battery to fit in an 11mm gap so it should go in nicely.

Rest assured I have been working with Lipo's for a while and know what happens if you mistreat them!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pidge Find out more about Pidge
                        Working...
                        X