Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Project?

Hey all,

I got into airsoft last year and after a bit of drama buying my first weapon I ended up with 2 M4A1's. The first one however has a long list of damage externally and internally because it doesn't shoot properly (but I got to keep it for free so I can't complain too much)
    As it stands, I love my second M4 and got it just the way I like it for the games I play but I would like to do something with the broken M4. I've got a mate very much into Vietnam Airsoft (he originally got my into airsoft) so I was thinking of turning the M4 into a CAR-15 as close to a VN variation as I could get.

Downside is I'm obviously not very experienced and the M4 itself seems to be a Dboy's mash up of parts (most of which are broken anyway). All I'm hoping to salvage is the V2 gearbox, motor and stock tube (if needed), since the body needs replacing, the barrel needs to be shortened and the RIS rail and stock replaced.

Essentially what I'm asking is...how much of a struggle am I gonna have to turn this beat up Frankenstein's monster, into a respectable looking VN CAR-15?

All help and advice on the project would be much appreciated!

Re: First Project?

finding all of the bits will probably be the hardest part. even easy to find parts will probably be out of stock.

as far as putting the together is concern, so long as they are all the same make that should be really easy, the only part you might want a specific tool for is the barrel nut, but that's just to make it easier for yourself and stop any wobble.

luckily m4's are popular, and easy, so you shouldn't come into too many problems other than getting your bits together.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

You're going to have a hard time finding the sprung stock :L *pats marui CAR-15 on lap*

Comment

it's a long term project, so I got no real rush to find the parts. What length barrel would you suggest for this though?

Comment

Found a possible source for a G&P M16VN receiver, so the project may be started soon with a bit of luck

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Priestpel Find out more about Priestpel
          Working...
          X