magpul xtm rail covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magpul xtm rail covers

I'm looking at getting some rail covers for my m4, from a well known auction site. However I'm a bit confused of how many I actually need to cover the sides of my ris front end (G&G cm16)

This is the text from the auction listing - Magpul XTM Enhanced Rail Covers Panels for 20mm Rail x 8,
    8 x Rail Covers (4 Pairs) 2 Large, 2 Small

How many would I need to cover both sides? would the above be enough for one?

It's probably a difficult question to answer, as I can't post links to other sites/sellers!

- - - Updated - - -

item number - 330852994917

Re: magpul xtm rail covers

at least 10 pairs

Comment

Save your money, get some "Index Clips" from the same site. Far cheaper, look a bit more unique. (or buy at least 10 pairs as Jez says)
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I used 4 packs (4 pairs per pack, so 8 parts) and it entirely covered all four sides of my 7'' rail if that helps. Don't know what size your RIS is though? There were no large/small sized panels in my pack mind, all uniform size ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362084036.843763.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          Save your money, get some "Index Clips" from the same site. Far cheaper, look a bit more unique. (or buy at least 10 pairs as Jez says)
          I just found the index clips, and aren't quite sure what their purpose is? do they do the same as the rail covers?

Originally posted by biscuitninja View Post
          I used 4 packs (4 pairs per pack, so 8 parts) and it entirely covered all four sides of my 7'' rail if that helps. Don't know what size your RIS is though? There were no large/small sized panels in my pack mind, all uniform size [ATTACH]80741[/ATTACH]
          Could you give me any kind of hint, without actually saying the name of where you got them from? and a price?

thanks

Comment

They were £9 a pack, those are the foliage green and dark earth ones

Comment

http://www.laruetactical.com/indexclips-72-piece-set

Boom! they look and feel lovely
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362086028.732789.jpg

As an idea, that is how big the larger of the two rail covers is - one will cover four of the raised blocks of your rail.

I imagine the smaller sized ones will cover two.

So two small and two large would cover 12 raised blocks.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful replies

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...killflash-more

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                    Working...
                    X