Best way to paint a 2 tone gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to paint a 2 tone gun.

Hello, I hope this is in the correct thread!

Now I bought a KWA M4 2-tone and I will be getting my UKARA in a few days and I would like to paint my M4 but a mate said that I will find it very hard to paint over the 2-tone as the paint would not cover well and would chip off quickly is this true?
    can I paint straight over the 2-tone or would I have to remove the 2-tone paint first.

Thanks

Re: Best way to paint a 2 tone gun.

What you should have done is got your specific defence first.

How to repaint a 2tone isn't a great first post.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Manafacturing a RIF is illegal, isnt it? Defence or not.
      sigpic

Comment

Legal with a defence but I personally feel 2tone doesn't have any benefits to the sport and has a lot of negatives.

I apologise to those this post offends but having seen market stalls selling 2tone springers and black paint as a package I have a lot of cynicism.
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—
          (a)he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;
          (b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

Straight from the VCRA........ I read that as manufacturing a RIF (ie, painting a two tone) as illegal, specifically the "he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;" bit.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your posts but not much help.

Comment

Just trying to protect the sport buddy.......
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TRH84 View Post
                (b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

Straight from the VCRA........ I read that as manufacturing a RIF (ie, painting a two tone) as illegal, specifically the "he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;" bit.
                Unless he has a defense.

To the OP. Two Tone paint isn't easy stuff to over come. Go to Halfords pick up some of their camo spray and a few coats if done right should seal the deal.

Comment

I just read it as i saw it.....

Personally, id buy a new receiver....... saves any paint chips in the future
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you have a specific defence? If so there are ways but seriously sell the 2tone as within 3 games I doubt you've dropped any worthwhile upgrades into it and instead get a decent base spec m4 and then tune it.

CA LWRC M6's are nice (and cheap)

Comment

Most of the time the brightly painted parts are things like fore grips and stocks. Replace them if you can. If not, follow Blytm's advice.
                      Upcoming Games:
                      None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                      Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

order order this internet court is now in session. all internetlawyers please present their reasons in an orderly fashion........

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Ignoring the VCRA bullshit as it's irrelevant.

If the paint has been applied very well to the existing finish then you could just give it a light sand to key it and then paint over with your desired finish. However a two-tone job is unlikely to be the highest quality finish so you may have to take it back to a better surface (ie. original finish or even bare material) and then paint it properly. Plus you never know if different paints are going to be compatible, so unless you can find out what type of paint the two-tone was done with it will be a bit of a leap of faith.

But as above replacing the affected parts is probably the easiest way of getting a good finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                            Do you have a specific defence? If so there are ways but seriously sell the 2tone as within 3 games I doubt you've dropped any worthwhile upgrades into it and instead get a decent base spec m4 and then tune it.

CA LWRC M6's are nice (and cheap)
                            one of the 1st things he said was that his UKARA registration would be going through within days.

to the OP, fairy power spray apparently works wonders at removing 2tone paint jobs, seen a vid on youtube of a guy doing it with great success. if that works as well as it did on the vid i saw, you may not even have to re-paint it.

personally i would use the power spray, then touch up any areas that need it with halfords spray paint . matt black, not satin/gloss
                            For Sale!
                            TM M870 with a load of stuff
                            A&K massada sniper spec
                            Chronograph
                            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

To all those that replied to my QUESTION A BIG THANK YOU
                              The reason for this is I did read somewhere on a blog that two tone is designed to not take paint on so people don't buy one spray it after buying it and do something slily.
                              True or False?!
                              This put a bit of doubt in my mind about painting over the 2-tone.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matty2Fatty Find out more about Matty2Fatty
                              Working...
                              X