Eyewear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eyewear?

get contact lenses? get like 3 or so pairs of cheap daily disposables each month (1 for each game) , but its a bit of a marmite issue though if you like the contact lenses or if u cant stand them.

Comment

Guarder glasses are the way forward !!!!!! they dont steam up plus you get 3 different types of lenses and the piece were you can put prescription lenses in.All for £30 plus they look awesome

Comment

Just because sites use them and loads of people own them doesnt make them good. With safety glasses you get what you pay for.

We went to Dragon Valley to skirmish a couple of weeks ago and one of the marshals pulled my wife out of a game and told her she couldn't use her Viper tacticals as they weren't safe.

I queried this and he said they werent CE certified and they had instances of bb's going through them. I thought it was bollocks at the time but said nothing.

He issued her with a full face mesh mask for the rest of the day. We got and home and I tested his theory from around 3ft. I put about 6 bb's into the mask. 2 went almost through and the rest marked and slightly dented them. They were 23 quid goggles.

FYI the gun was a WE M9 on green gas shooting at 310fps with .2 bb's. Imagine if that had been a hotter gun at the 350 site limit of most places, chance are they would have pierced the goggles.

If you want to play silly buggers buying cheap goggles be my guest but what price do you put on your eyesight I ask.

In my opinion Goggles are the single most important piece of equipment in your airsoft locker so don't skimp on them.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Some good points raised on here, but suggesting goggles and glasses is no use to the OP as he said he need a full face mask because he's under 18.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

You are correct of course. But the same goes for the masks, no substitution for quality here. Buy the best you can get with the highest safety specification you can afford. Only go for reputable brands and never their cheapest.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

if you want something to go over glasses. get in touch with hero shark. the goggles that i bought off him are by far the best goggles that i have ever owned. he has a thread in gear and kit.
              theres a whole range of different styles including a pair that are specialy made to go over glasses. the mesh takes around 600fps point blank with multiple shots before penetration of the mesh.
              there really comfy aswell and dirt cheap for the quality.

Comment

already emailed heroshark, but with a low-lying mask, the price would be £57.. abit steep for me atm :P
                Might just get some goggles and a cycling mask (there strong as hell!) as most insurers count that as full face
                "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                Working...
                X