Zeroing a scope in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeroing a scope in..

Hi all, just had a little bit of an idea whilst zeroing in my scope, if you have a laser pen or a laser of some description, attach it to your rifle, and make sure it is centred to your barrel, and then just adjust your crosshairs to it to sort out your windage, providing your rifle shoots straight (I hope so) as for elevation, well that will be individual depending on what hop you use, bb weight etc. Just a little tip I thought of (don't know how original it is).
    Cheers guys,
    Steve

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Coz
    If you fart, take a chrono reading
    Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Re: Zeroing a scope in..

Not very Im afraid.
    Laser Bore sights have been available for quite sometime.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

funnily enough was just about to say that. and BBs arent going to hit that dot due to Hop
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

best way for airsoft ive found is a big sheet of paper at your required distance hold the rifle steady aim at a dot on the middle see where the bb makes a hole then zero your scope to the hole....best if your guns in a vice or wedged somewhere but tbh for airsoft all you have to do is fire towards a dark background (tree's ect) and adjust your scope to the trail of bb's

Comment

Unless it's some kind of super-accurate sniper rifle there's little point. Remember we're playing a game where the projectiles can be sent off course by a bird's fart.

On my SA80 I just make sure the SUSAT is pointing roughly where the BBs go, only really use it for looking at stuff far away anyway. The best aiming tool in airsoft is the last BB you fired

Comment

Meh, still a good idea. I'd do this if I had a laser to boresight with. Thanks OP!

Comment

Again i do it atleast to the point were i no on a perfect day it will.hit that mark at 30 40 meters

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Strangely I was only thinking about making a thread on this subject a few minutes ago.

I spent a couple of hours the other day zeroing both the aimpoint and laser on my 416. I used a workmate to clamp the rifle into a rigid position, fired a few rounds and then adjusted the aimpoint to the centre of the impact points. Fired a few more etc etc. I started indoors at 10m (to adjust for windage mainly), then extended the range out 10m at a time to correct for the hop effect (I personally find it much easier to adjust gradually) until I hit the maximum range I can manage (keeping the shots on my own propert) of 37m. As only the last 15m is outdoors, and it was a very still day, I'm very happy with the results not being effected too badly by the wind. I also zeroed the laser at 10m for CQB use only.

The laser is now accurate enough to hit consistently in a 2" circle at 10m and the aimpoint is hitting a 6" circle most of the time at 37m. I'm using a VFC/Umarex 416 fitted with a black python TB, ultimate hop and madbull rubber (can't remember which one).

I did have to take the aimpoint off the gun, reset the dot to the absolute centre as it arrived new, and then shim the sight until it was roughly correct before starting to adjust for elevation at longer distances. This is, however, normal and the usual routine with zeroing RS is to get the irons on target first, then setup the scope to roughly the same point and make only fine final adjustments with the scope.

Also, remember, it's important to get the hop right before zeroing. If you don't, you'll only end up changing the hop in the field and screwing up all your work (elevation-wise anyway).
                sigpic

Comment

funnily enough just grabbed a laser boresight off here :P

Comment

no point in a laser boresight for airsoft really the guns arent accurate enough plus with hop your laser is going to be far too low also alot of hop up's curve your bb left or right slightly and laser beams are straight...

Comment

Pdi hop, no left or right its not as simple as zeroing to the dot, but i dont have a clamp to use so im trying to zero off of a bipod...

Comment

your rubber can still be slightly off and theres a heck of alot of windage with airsoft

Comment

Sorry I've taken a while to reply to this, been a little busy.. Anyhoo, I did mean using the laser as a quick way of getting your scope in the centre if it fires pretty straight (my L96 fires damn straight!) and I just use it to get my windage sorted so I can fine tune it using the paper target method mentioned previously by Jsmitty96 to fine tune it into the way I want it :D and I was aware of bore sight lasers too :P
                          -Steve
                          Originally posted by Coz
                          Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Comment

I just make sure it could hit a chest sized target at a distance I'm happy with and leave it. No point going to serious with it.
                            If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

I get bored so I just push myself and see if I can hit a head sized target at distance, normally can do it with a few shots on my L96 on a good day, my M4 takes about half a mag :P
                              Originally posted by Coz

Certa Cito

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stevensniper I prefer to take my time and be accurate in airsoft, but sometimes you can't beat a good ol' rush ;) Find out more about stevensniper
                              Working...
                              X