Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What motor will give me the best performance when paired with the ASCU control unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motor will give me the best performance when paired with the ASCU control unit?

Soooo, I have just purchased an ascu control unit. And I need a new motor due to it burning out (g&p m120 motor). If I am buying a new motor I might aswell buy a decent one so it will last I am thinking of a terminus x merlin motor (high tourque I think) but I don't know whether or not a high speed motor would be better ??
    Any ideas would be superb.many thanks
    sigpic

Re: What motor will give me the best performance when paired with the ASCU control un

A high torque motor will match the ab in the ascu, ht motors aren't slow either. Brand wise there are lots of different opinions on these forums, and search around a bit and have a read. (although I have heard good things about the terminus, bar the availability and backup...)
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Re: What motor will give me the best performance when paired with the ASCU control un

Cool. Thanks mate. How about the shs high tourque motor or element ?? They seem to be readily available
      sigpic

Comment

I use an SHS high torque with my raptor mosfet, which is the same type of deal as the ASCU, and it's brilliant! Cheaper than a terminus x motor too.
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

What rof are you getting out of it mate ?? I will order one in a minute also do you use an 11.1
          sigpic

Comment

I use that SHS high torque motor, 13:1 gears, swisscheesed piston + other bits and an 11.1v crane stock type lipo. I'm getting around 35rps, which isn't great, but I restrict it to 20rps with the raptors pwm rof control. I'm in it for the trigger response mostly!
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Sweet!! I am hoping for around 25rps. But I will only Use the three round burst option as saves ammo and less stress will be put on the gears . Just ordered one cheers for the help mate.there is nothing better than a snappy trigger.
              sigpic

Comment

The ASCU was optimised for use with the systema magnum motor, the JG red is a clone of this, whilst the GFC high torque is a re-brand of the JG Red, and goes for like £25? Awesome motors!
                IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                  The ASCU was optimised for use with the systema magnum motor, the JG red is a clone of this, whilst the GFC high torque is a re-brand of the JG Red, and goes for like £25? Awesome motors!
                  The systema magnum is an old motor, poorly built and any more modern neodymium magnet motor such as the shs high torque, lonex or even the jg blue will be far better.
                  Buy my stuff!

Comment

Have a look at the Tienly motors under the Ultimate guise... The Ultra torque are lovely but a little expensive. Not quite as much torque as the SHS but they do seem to be quieter. At a price.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks everyone. All the help is appreciated.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not sure about the magnum being poorly built, mine is a great motor, better than my ultimate ultra which is also awesome... People can get fanboyish about parts, take this with a pinch of salt, go by the majority opinion: systema, ultimate, shs, terminus, all good!
                        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                          go by the majority opinion: systema, ultimate, shs,terminus, all good!
                          I was thinking for of the GFC than the systema as it's under half the price and basically the same, but what he says!
                          IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                            Not sure about the magnum being poorly built, mine is a great motor, better than my ultimate ultra which is also awesome... People can get fanboyish about parts, take this with a pinch of salt, go by the majority opinion: systema, ultimate, shs, terminus, all good!
                            I agree with what you're saying, but again, the magnum is the only one of those you listed that doesn't use the most modern magnet tech- neodymium. It's also pretty much the most expensive of the lot!
                            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Well they'll have to stop marketing the magnum as using neodymium magnets then, I guess I've been had good an proppa!

Even if that were true, it doesn't detract from its power... Cost however is a factor, tis pretty expensive and if I were buying again I'd get another Ultimate/Lonex over the systema as I don't need the magnums performance...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
                              Working...
                              X