plate carrier set-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plate carrier set-ups

I have just got a plate carrier and some molle pouches. And am just wondering how people set up their rigs.

My main concern is my triple m4 mags, The best place for these are obviously at the front, But I'm worried about being hit whilst playing and not realizing.
    Do people put mag pouches to the sides? As I would prefer them more more out the way so I can at least see/hear bb's hitting me.

Re: plate carrier set-ups

If you shoot right handed, put them on the left, and left handed on the right, makes reloading that bit easier.

Comment

Put them wherever feels comfortable for you. Take some time and attach where you think you'll reach for your mags (personally I have them to my left and front sides, as I'm a RH shooter and my left hand does the work for reloading while my right stays on the grip). Took me a while shifting them around to find the best spot (especially in relation to my dump pouch, which I prefer to have a clean line to).

As for hit taking, I still feel hits on my PC, but in addition it makes a fairly loud 'thwack' when it gets hit, so I wouldn't worry too much about it (then again I generally apply the rule that if I think I got hit in any way at all I call myself out, rather call the odd ricochet than not call the odd light/glancing hit etc)

Comment

Having your rig set up is as indiviual as how you like your balls to be tickled.

Don't worry about the hit taking... you WILL still know as there is a very distinctive sound.

If you plan on crawling around, try to keep kit on your sides or kidneys. If you are gonna simply go straight down the middle kicking doors in, then a set up on your front is a better starting point.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. Just changing the mag pouches to the right, as I'm left handed. It would have probably helped if I could have got the same brand mag pouches as the plate carrier. The straps won't line up neatly at all, and ends up not being very straight

Comment

I use Ramps on the left of my PC, double pistol pouch, and double cqb m4 pouches on the front.
            More than enough ammo for an entire morning =)

Comment

Pc set ups are very personal, heres mine to give you an idea, im right handed btw just reverse it for lefty

All mag pouches are middle or left, you see the close top ones are in the middle there are 2 reasons for this
              A. There to bulky for the side and every time you bring your gun up youll hit it with your arm.
              B. see below

My open mag pouches are closer to the left and are DA pouches made for quicker removal of the magazine, these are my main pouched i use onces ive used to 2 mags in these i then place the empty ones in to the closed pouch and put the full ones back in the DA pouch, it sounds a faf but i hate dump pouches! Its pretty simple once youve done it a few times.
              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

I always try and keep mags low and towards the centre but wrap around, so wether I'm shooting lefty or righty, there's always a mag available.

section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Same as Sean, low and central. Try to make it as unobtrusive as possible.

AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I like to keep it basic for ease of movement....

Something like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j8jCCWylbY...600/large2.jpg

Comment

Thanks again for the replies. Helps a lot to try and figure out how it would best suit my playing style,

Here is how I have just set it up, I don't like the idea of dump pouches but think I may have to get one, just to make things a bit easier,

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also finding it a bit difficult pulling out mags from my pouch with the magpuls, any fix to this?

Comment

Remove them. Ive found Magpuls work better in shingle style mag pouches. Which would actually be a good idea for the future for yourself, running them across yourself single file. The other option is to switch to ranger plates.

Double mag pouches are ok, but like with what youve done above, can make the rig very lopsided. Id certainly suggest a dump pouch.
                        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                          Remove them. Ive found Magpuls work better in shingle style mag pouches. Which would actually be a good idea for the future for yourself, running them across yourself single file. The other option is to switch to ranger plates.

Double mag pouches are ok, but like with what youve done above, can make the rig very lopsided. Id certainly suggest a dump pouch.

Thanks I might send the flyye triple mag pouch back and maybe get singles? or a double. Plus it doesn't really weave with the molle on the actual plate carrier either, as they are different brands.

if anybody has more pictures, please show me so I can steal your ideas

Comment

What make is the PC?
                            Molle is supposed to be 100% universal with all molle platforms.
                            I had a similar issue with a viper ciras vest.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It's just an mfh pc, nothing particularly special

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                              Working...
                              X