plate carrier set-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: plate carrier set-ups

Its a bit worrying that the stuff doesn't line up so well, "most" molle is the same spacing so should line up providing its stitched properly. And ive not heard of Flyye using the lighter spacing some companies (BFG, First Spear) have been playing with. Got some better pics? Closeups?

You'd be wise to go to shingle style pouches (3/4 hight open tops with retention straps). Get them in singles and string them across your chest. How many mags are you carrying? Looks like 6. Youd get all of them across that rig and cut down on the outward projection. Less snagging and general issues.

These mag pouches would work (ZeroOne obviously):

This style, though id not necessarily buy Viper.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I use mainly (warrior ones), the viper ones tbh are pretty pap.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The warrior ones are great. Used to have them on my RICAS. Dont actually own any 5.56 mag pouches any more after getting the LE rig, but if i were to buy more i think it would be BFG 10-Speed pouches, ITW Fast Mags, or HSG Taco's.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

This is how it looks, the end molle parts are very very tight. It may be able to fit but i didn't really want to risk it

Comment

I prefer to keep my mags on my plate carrier dead center and have a "speed pouch" on my belt in a rapidly accessible place. For me that is left hand side, just round from my kidney area.

This is my reload spot.

If I need to do a speed reload, I drop out, rip out the fast mag and get it back in the gun. Very few firefights need you to expend more than two mags without coming to some conclusion.

When I have time I then shuffle from one on my chest and keep the speed mag filled. If I'm doing an admin reload, I have plenty of time to select a mag from the right hand side of rig. Essentially, aim to always keep your gun filled and your fast mag filled and use the chest as your "supply depot"...

I rock 30 rounders religiously now, so I do a LOT of reloading.

Comment

That is a little odd. Looks like itd still be off kilter if you placed the right hand "stick" into a molle column to the right. Slap bang in the middle. Id send it back.

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
              I prefer to keep my mags on my plate carrier dead center and have a "speed pouch" on my belt in a rapidly accessible place. For me that is left hand side, just round from my kidney area.

This is my reload spot.

If I need to do a speed reload, I drop out, rip out the fast mag and get it back in the gun. Very few firefights need you to expend more than two mags without coming to some conclusion.

When I have time I then shuffle from one on my chest and keep the speed mag filled. If I'm doing an admin reload, I have plenty of time to select a mag from the right hand side of rig. Essentially, aim to always keep your gun filled and your fast mag filled and use the chest as your "supply depot"...

I rock 30 rounders religiously now, so I do a LOT of reloading.
              I still need to get a RAMP at some point. Can you text me where you got yours from please mate?
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I might just put up with it like that for the time being, I don't think it will be that big of a problem.... even if I just 'clip' in 3 straps on the pouch instead of the 4?

Comment

Once you have bombed up mags in there itl flap around something awful when you run. Id seriously consider doing something about it.
                  AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

It looks well out of spec. I'd send it back and get something else.

Comment

Originally posted by trigger happy View Post
                      This is how it looks, the end molle parts are very very tight. It may be able to fit but i didn't really want to risk it

That PC looks a little off spec tbh, that is the exact issue I had with the viper stuff.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Just lined up a Flyye triple with my TT belt and Mayflower PC webbing... Flyye must be smoking crack because the straps are shot to shit.

Comment

I'll see how it goes, I quite like the pc itself, just will have to try running up and down the garden with full mags, and see if anything drops out

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                            Just lined up a Flyye triple with my TT belt and Mayflower PC webbing... Flyye must be smoking crack because the straps are shot to shit.
                            Thats a shame. Always been told their stuff was good?
                            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

When I was in Falluja we used to swear by their kit
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                                Thats a shame. Always been told their stuff was good?
                                The rest of it seems fine, the straps on the triple are just in the wrong place...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                                Working...
                                X