Dead player shield.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead player shield.

I couldnt really think of a title for this, so thatll do.

Had a game a little while ago, it was a cracking day tbh but.
    Had an issue, nothing major and no dummies spat out but the other guy wasnt to happy, so here goes.

Holding a small corridor, it is pretty narrow so not much room for movement. Im round a corner but already know the enemy is there, 1 member of my team gets hit and tries vacating, at the same time the enemy player is pushing down essentially blocking the dead players egress to the next area, I pop out and get the guy whilst the dead player is conceivably still in the way (no where to go), the enemy guy wasnt even focused on me any way so I get him. He has a little chunter, I apologise and take a hit that he hadnt got me with nor would have as he wasnt looking at me at the time.
    I would post the video of it but I dont really want to embarrass anyone.

Im just wondering who really was at fault. Guy pressing down blocking the dead players egress but not letting him out the way, at the same time Ive got an area to defend and that guy is 7 feet away from me with back up pretty close behind.
    Gah! Its a head buster.

I want to see what you guys think, I will do a video as a last resort, or possibly as a private link if its easier to see what Im talking about.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Re: Dead player shield.

Wouldn't really say anyone is "at fault".

It would be sporting to let the dead guy out and then resume firing.
    More often than not its usually the dead guy getting lit up from both parties for being in the way. So quickly remove this guy and you can get nice clean play.

Dead guy should be doing his best to move out the way.
    Alive players should really be moving out the way for dead guys, unless its completely necessary to continue firing in which case do so but mind all players and still try and get them through asap.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Similar to my thoughts but the dead player really didnt have much room to navigate.
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

After a PM and the above post, it seems like it was a bit of an unintentional 6 1's, half a dozen of the other.

Comment

An unwinnable problem. No right or wrong doing, just untimely.

Comment

There's a problem here from 3 points.

You don't want to lose the tactical advantage that the defensive position gives you.

The attacking player wants to push up as he's not aware of you and is keen to take advantage of the hole in the defences he thinks he's created by killing your team mate.

The dead player doesn't want to get caught in the middle of a firefight and get shot to carp.

It's normal for people to shout that a dead player is coming through, to give them a chance to exfil without getting lit up. Perhaps in tight CQB situations the briefing should allow for something along the lines of a 10 second pause in play where nobody can either fire or move when someone calls that they've been hit in a place where play is obstructed?
            sigpic

Comment

Or the dead guy could sit with their back to the wall allowing the advancing player to step over?
              Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

This happens a lot at my local.
                The more experienced players are happy to let the dead guy out, somebody will shout game on, and we continue as normal.
                I only have an issue when people intentionally use dead players as cover!

Comment

its an winnable situation there will almost always be someone left unhappy normally the dead guy as he is getting shot from the front and the rear
                  sigpic
                  Take Your Hit

Comment

There were similar situations at Heyford and Longmoor and in the end i just stayed put shouting dead player with my gun on floor.

The opfor knew i'd been it but still had to approach with caution as they had no idea if i was the only one. The constant: "Dead player, in the corner, sitting on the floor" stopped me from getting lit up

Comment

Just one of the many quirks of airsoft I think...

Comment

In this situation the dead player should have done what loki has done, stayed out of the game play until it doesn't affect the game for him to exfil. Normally there is an unspoken gentleman's agreement to pause but if the opfor didn't know you were there they can't be expected to wait around just because someone has been hit, they need to apply pressure.

This type of things happens alot at the night games I attend, the more proactive route taken that I have seen is the attacking player (in a non aggressive way) simply moved the dead player out of his way as he moved. Not a push, but a grab the guys rig and direct him to where he needed him to be so he could pass. Had he not his attack would have stalled and any advantage he had worked for had been lost.
                        sigpic

Comment

I had a similar experience in an Infection game being pinned in an alcove that was hammered by three opfor 3 or 4 team mates got hit and i managed to hide in the alcove. My teammates announces "were all dead here"(he didn't see me) to stop the hail of fire As the opfor push up to tag them onto their team, i pop out and knife kill him rather than point blank his face. His two buddies were stacked on the wall not looking waiting for him to give the all clear. so they got knife killed as well.
                          A bit long winded but i have been wondering ever since if what i did was right considering my team mate told them it was clear. Should i of announced myself and had the dead guys get lit up as there was no egress or is it opfor's fault for not maintaining combat awareness ,after all dead men don't talk .

Comment

I'm going to say here that in situations like this it should be brought to the attention of the marshalls, site operators, so that they can bring it up at the next game brief with the rule that if a dead player is obstructing game play deliberately or not he must vacate the game play area as quickly as possible and that play should stop until he does with any affected players holding thier positions until he does.

Comment

These things happen in the heat of the moment in real time and no amount of rules or briefings can cover every situation. Sometimes dead players can't get out of the way in time (they don't in the real world!) Although given your description of the aftermath he must have known he hadn't shot you so very sporting to take a hit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                              Working...
                              X