Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning rifle into a DMR

Hey All,

Just been looking through similar threads to this...but really just want to clarify

I currently have a G&G GR15 Raider XL

I will be doing the following to turn this into a DMR type rifle

Internally:
    • New TB which will extend into the silencer (unless i wont notice the accuracy difference between just going to the end of the flash hider?)
      New Hop Up - Looking at the Madbul 3in1
      New Spring - Looking to get around 450
      Mechanically lock the rifle to semi
      New Motor
      New Gears

Is there anything I am missing that I need to do internally?

Can anyone recommend best type of items for the things I have listed or not listed above!

I do not really have a budget as I will be doing it bit by bit instead of in one big hit!

On the scope situation, do I really need anything past 4x?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers,
    Tal
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Re: Turning rifle into a DMR

i wouldnt say any of the above makes a rifle a "dmr" per say. except the spring those are regular modes people make to a "rifle mans" rifle too. getting consistency between shots, nullifying vibration and air leaks is what you need to look at
    Head shot aka open minded

Comment

hence why I said 'Is there anything I have missed'

How would I go about doing your suggestions?

Comment

You shouldn't need to swap the gear set, unless you want to use super high speed 13:1's. They may need a little modifying but not swapping.

Decent high torque motor and big battery, sorbo, decent cycle completion fet. Rhop sorted.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Check to see how much air leaks out of your cylinder/nozzle (you'll need to take the gun apart to do this) - cylinderhead leaks can be fixed using PTFE tape, nozzle leaks generally = new nozzle, I'm a fan of the deepfire metal nozzle, produces an excellent seal.

Hop unit wise you'll be paying through the nose for the madbull brand, ProWin do a CNC'd aluminium version of the same hop unit (without the tracer) that is far more precisely manufactured, it's also cheaper.

Look at a new hop rubber/nub as well (Prometheus' new combo looks interesting, not cheap mind) as you will see a large accuracy boost from that alone, I'm not sure on the necessary hardness for a high FPS DMR though.

Madbull barrels are accurate, they are however made of aluminium (shorter life/gets scratched very easily) compared to a good quality stainless barrel - I personally rate Deepfire barrels (they come in 6.04 and 6.02 variants, for long range accuracy I believe 6.04 is the appropriate size), but you can get more expensive/higher quality SS barrels.

With a spring at 450fps you'll probably want to get a piston that has more metal teeth than just the last one (less load on plastic teeth) and you'll also want to fit sorbothane rubber to the cylinder head to absorb the shock of the piston slamming home (otherwise you'll crack your GB - I'm currently fixing two guns that have had just this happen).
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thank you muchly

Will have a look into those parts!

I think what I'll do is find the parts I would like and take it to a gunsmiths for them to do as I know I will break something !

Comment

if your going with the madbull hop unit you should go with the madbull barrel and rubber set, most people get decent results from this set up, although i myself would say you would be better off with a Prometheus wide bore barrel, hop unit you should be ok to stick with but shim the hop arms to reduce variance, also if you are rather tech savy, install an r-hop, as long as you have a range to test on they are relatively simple to install, you also want to get your air seal next to perfect, to do this you should look into polishing the cylinder and getting a cylinder head with matching nozzle with an oring in it. hop rubber you should be fine with a slightly harder one to match the nozzle, also perform the dental floss mod on the hop rubber to reduce air leakage. other than that if you want a good trigger response get a neodynium magnet motor like the high torque element one, gears wise your standard ones should be ok for a while but it would be worth upgrading them in the long run, some helical shs gears would be a good choice also if the gearbox doesn't already have one get a bearing spring guide, this will reduce the stress on the spring and will slightly lessen the load, as for the locking to semi you can either do a tappet plate mod or get a trigger mosfet like the chimera or ascu barrel length wise before i forget, how long is your current outer barrel? anything above m4a1 length you wont notice too much difference to be brutaly honest, some people say that you do but in my experience they are wrong and don't understand that a bb's travel is not the same as a rifled bullet. search google for holy grail dmr and click on the first link and that will tell you alot about different mods etc, good luck with the build!
              PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Is that all one sentence..??? Oh no there is a ? three quarters of the way through...lol.
                Gun tech.

Comment

thanks guys,

barrel length is 363, currently got a Systema 6.04 TB in there but would swap if needed

will start compiling a list and then will post what I have before clicking buy!

Comment

If you have a systema 6.04 leave it at that!

Comment

Sorry I'm used to writing full Paragraphs and not worrying about Gramma Nazis and more worrying about the quality of what I Write, instead of writing a load of rubbish and making it look pretty for those people who cannot seem to stand communication in any way other than what they where specifically taught by their elders, other than that feel free to pick at what i typed, all of which was from experience and not just reiterating what i heard from some bloke on another forum
                      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

That's all well and good, but part of the quality of writing is how easy it is to read.

And yes, Midas (and to some extent myself, though not even on a remotely similar level*) are the kind of people who have never ever taken an AEG apart, or tried to accurise one, or build a high RoF gun, no, we just read what other people post on forums.

The points you make are all good, it's just that I'm still finding bits in your post that I think i missed on the first two or three read throughs, as it is quite hard to read.

*IE Midas knows what he's doing, I have some idea of what I'm doing.

Comment

> Prowin hop unit
                          > Element blue rubber
                          > H nub or normal rubber nub
                          > Madbull v2 barrel (Your systema one will be fine)

fiddle around with those 3 things and you will have the range that you desire EG...60 meters like my friends Sr25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjPiN9tVhCs
                          Hate.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Dan, no one is knocking the content, you are saying more or less the same as us others.

It is very difficult to inwardly digest a solid block of text.

Dave, thank you it is very kind of you to say so. I have made mistakes though, thankfully not to many.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

Why do people think a DMR has to have a massive barrel?
                              If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Talbert Find out more about Talbert
                              Working...
                              X