Building a gun from scratch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a gun from scratch?

Hello, I am wanting to build a cheap gun to get used to all the parts and how they work and just have my self a project really. I am only wanting to make it cheap, nothing expensive. So what would be the best type of gun to try and build and is there any advice? And most importantly is it even worth doing?
    Thanks!

Re: Building a gun from scratch?

For such a project, you really cant beat an M4 due to the excellent availability of parts (both new and second hand) of all types. However, you'll most likely spend way more building one from parts than you would buying a complete second hand gun.

Unless of course (and i've seen this before) you're just planning a way to circumvent VCRA requirements (cynical, yes. But i've seen people try to do it that way!)

Comment

When you say 'from scratch', I'm guessing you're not talking about machining components and the like?
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
        For such a project, you really cant beat an M4 due to the excellent availability of parts (both new and second hand) of all types. However, you'll most likely spend way more building one from parts than you would buying a complete second hand gun.

Unless of course (and i've seen this before) you're just planning a way to circumvent VCRA requirements (cynical, yes. But i've seen people try to do it that way!)
        This, all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
          When you say 'from scratch', I'm guessing you're not talking about machining components and the like?
          Nah, I just mean buy 2nd hand parts seperately and build it. :P

Comment

So your Ukara Registered then?

Let the Internet shinanigans commence,

Inter web lawyers on 3 -2 -1
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              So your Ukara Registered then?
              Not sure if serious, not sure if just clickbait :p

Comment

<Geek voice> Well, I would like to quote the VCRA in this instance regarding the manufacture of RIFs: given your post count and the hostility found on these forums you stand no chance of receiving any help, regardless of the fact that if you were trying to break the law, you wouldn't listen anyway... Blah blah blah, endangering our sport, blah blah blah, some legal quotes taken out of context, etc etc....</Geek voice>
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

your better off buying a cheap or non firing M4, taking it apart,service it and put it back together,
                  its a lot cheaper and will accomplish the same result
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                    your better off buying a cheap or non firing M4, taking it apart,service it and put it back together,
                    2nd this.

I planned a cheap build and while I got a fantastic deal on all the quality parts they still cost allot more than I could have picked up a 2nd had non worker for. If you aint got Ukara you could get a brand new 2 tone and just clown around with that.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

If you can avail yourself to a defence against the VCRA, go with an AR platform, parts are ten-a-penny, although you may end up spending more than if you was to buy one ready-made.
                      Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

£160 and counting on a cheap build. no such thing as cheap in airsoft except in relative terms.
                        Reformed Pacifist

Comment

If you're just looking to get used to how it all works you can get a VCRA part transparent G&G combat machine fpr about £110.

That would be cheaper than sourcing all the parts individually.
                          Upcoming Games:
                          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

As above. Building from scratch is very expensive. I looked into this recently to build a hi capa as i have some spare parts, the gun was going to stand me in about £110 in parts. I could get a brand new one for an extra £8 and keep my spares and have a warranty.

Buy a cheapo 2nd hand job, can get a semi working gun a bit beaten up for like £100. Then rip apart, if you dont know what the hell you're doing, sell it in bits for around the same money

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                              This

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PowerHouse Find out more about PowerHouse
                              Working...
                              X